Receptionist (Full Time)
The primary purpose of the role is to provide an exceptional front of house reception service in the EMEA head office based in London. The Receptionist will report to and work closely with the Office Supervisor, who in turn reports into the EMEA Facilities and H&S Manager.
The role will assist in supporting both the front and back office functions; acting as the first point of contact for external enquiries and clients, operating the switchboard, fielding calls, responding to general enquiries and meeting and greeting visitors.
The post holder will also support the current Receptionist & Office Administrator with general office duties, primarily soft services together with administrative and financial reporting for the EMEA region, which includes regional offices, showrooms and a cross over into retail. The position will carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit, that will benefit the individual, the Division or the Company as a whole.
· Ensure that the reception area, meeting rooms and show rooms are tidy, clear, presentable and welcoming to all visitors.
· Meet and greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring that all visitors including contractors follow the Visitor procedures.
· Ensure the smooth operation of the switchboard service, taking accurate messages and passing the details to the recipient promptly, forwarding calls where required directly to the recipient.
· Maintain and update the office supplies inventory and stock level spreadsheet, checking stock regularly and placing orders where required.
· Manage mailroom services, including distributing incoming mail, sending outgoing mail, and booking Courier Services.
· Monitor two email accounts, ensuring emails are fielded and responded to appropriately.
· Arrange catering for meetings, liaising with the catering company on delivery and presenting the catering ready for the meeting, where applicable.
· Ensure a daily handover to the fellow receptionist.
· Assist with the access control management system and updating it on a regular basis; arranging and issuing ID Passes for new employees and cancelling ID passes for leavers or where passes are lost.
· Raise purchase orders for the facilities department.
· Assist with preparing for office events.
· Liaise and coordinate minor repairs and call out works with vendors.
· Keep the Office Supervisor up to date and informed on the operations of reception
· Ensure office expenditure is closely monitored with excel summary reports submitted to the Office Supervisor to review against set OPEX budgets. (stationary; catering; couriers; postal services)
· Any other administrative tasks to support the facilities and health and safety department
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must have previous front of house receptionist experience. They will have a welcoming and friendly personality with the ability to build positive and collaborative relationships at all levels. They must have a keen eye for detail, be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and possess the ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure.
The post holder must demonstrate a flexible approach to the role and be comfortable working independently and on their own initiative. They will also demonstrate an excellent telephone manner and be proficient in using all Microsoft office packages.