Job DescriptionAbout the role:
With rapid growth, the primary function of this role is to provide IT support to the end users within Browns Fashion (retail and non-retail with approximately 150 users), however, you will work as part of a wider support team under Farfetch Group providing support to Farfetch employees (approximately 400 users in UK, and growing).About the department:
We make sure that every one of our 2500+ employees across our 17 offices have an inspiring, comfortable and fun environment to work in every day. Our global team is made up of Facilities Management, Office Services & IT and PA/Executive Support. We provide daily support to our employees and work hard to make sure everyone’s life at the Farfetch Group is as enjoyable and effective as it can be. We like to keep things running smoothly across all of our teams and offices, from the small details to big transformational ideas.About the role:
With rapid growth, the primary function of this role is to provide IT support to the end users within Browns Fashion (retail and non-retail with approximately 150 users), however, you will work as part of a wider support team under Farfetch Group providing support to Farfetch employees (approximately 400 users in UK, and growing).
You will be dealing with innovative retail solution providers, meaning there is a huge potential to advance your career and provide a bridge between store and technology teams. In summary, we’re looking for someone with good experience in retail sector who will be responsible for supporting with excellent technical and communication skills, as well as keen eye for detail to ensure consistent delivery of service. It is a key requirement that regular updates of ‘business as usual’ and project progress and key activities are communicated to line manager and key stakeholders. In addition, it is imperative that service desk queues are monitored and updated in accordance with the service desk processes and assigned tasks.
You will need to be a quick thinker, super proactive and confident when supporting a number of employees across all levels.What you’ll do:
- You will be working closely with IT Lead and Head of IT, you will be responsible for monitoring, resolving and escalations of support issues, ensuring service delivery is maintained and SLA's and KPI's are in line with the company's expectations
- Relationship management and working with 3rd party suppliers, service providers and MSP
- You will support Windows and Mac environment and applications as well as mobile across 3 London location
- You will be actively involved in new user on-boarding processes including equipment set up and providing basic user IT training
- You will be logging service desk tickets with suppliers and following-up for resolution against agreed SLAs
- You will be providing regular progress reports to line manager and key stakeholders, identifying any risks and opportunities that exist and providing appropriate solutions
- You will support projects, documenting all work to allow for seamless handover when necessary
- You will be a tech champion and suggest improvements on how it can help combat known issues
- Have experience supporting a recognized POS solution provider and retail ERP system
- Troubleshooting complex problems with 3rd party suppliers of technologies such as RFID, connected mirrors and instore applications
- You will provide server administrations and desktop technical support both physically and remotely in a timely manner
- You will be knowledgeable of networking and protocols – TCP/IP, DHCP, LAN, VLAN, VPN and have good experience troubleshooting network issues.
- You will be knowledgeable of Video Conferencing and VoIP services preferably Polycom Group 500 VCUs, Cisco & Polycom VoIP phones and general care and maintenance of AV systems.
- You will install and configure software and hardware for end-users to agreed standards under the direction of your line manager
- You will enforce IT processes and procedures and promote JIRA ticketing system.
- You will manage and maintain new and existing equipment including software and hardware setup and installations, updates, upgrades & repairs and carry out routine checks using own initiative or as defined by line manager.
- You will assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable of Windows networks and most of the following Windows 7, 10, Office 2010 - 2016/O365, SCCM 2012, AD administration, Google Apps, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Sophos Endpoint Encryption, Webroot, Follow-me printing, PC and Mac devices and OS
- You have considerable amount of experience in network troubleshooting (LANs, WANs, VPN, TCP/IP, Switches and Routers, firewall, Wi-Fi and access points)
- You have experience in MS Exchange server and Office 365 using several email clients including outlook for Windows and Mac (2010 – 2016) and Mac Mail
- You have experience in working with Cisco Meraki, Mojo WiFi services – including network switches and AP
- You are a creative thinker - proven record of ideas and initiatives implemented in previous role(s) to improve the level of service delivered to users
- You are proficient in internet-related applications such as Google Mail for business, FTP clients and a variety of web browsers
- You are able to take direction, working with limited supervision as well as apply own initiatives
- You are logical and calm with ability to inspire confidence in IT services
- You are able to thrive in a continuously busy environment
- You are able to work collaboratively in a Global team displaying brilliant communication skills
- You are task focused , driven and results orientated in an agile environment
- You are able to provide solutions in a timely manner and spot potential issues before they escalate
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, organised and able to work independently.
We can’t wait to receive your application but before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships