About the department:
The UX Research team partners with designers, product owners, engineers, and many others to build meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences for our customers. We serve consumers on the shopper side as well as professionals on the partner side. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have teams in London, Porto and Lisbon - and work in vertical across our suite of products including web and mobile and reflecting the different stages of the customer journey.
We represent the voice of the customers in the product design process, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible to create maximum value for our customers.
UXR Operations is responsible for coordinating and recruiting for User Research studies. They also connect teams and knowledge, and problem solve operational hurdles to enable Researchers to do their most impactful work. They work closely with a team of researchers and with Farfetch’s internal teams, e.g. finance and administration, legal, marketing, design etc.
One of your main responsibilities will be to identify, recruit, and schedule participants for various research studies such as usability testing, focus groups, diary studies, and manage multiple participant lists. The pool of potential research participants consists of customers who have opted in to take part in research. We also run studies with internal stakeholders and partners and also recruit prospective customers to take part in our studies, making use of external recruitment partners.
What you’ll do:
- You will recruit participants for research studies, which include identifying the participants, conducting background research, writing a screener, managing participation agreements and incentives, communicating between participants and the research team, managing external recruiters, scheduling participants for the study and incentivising them
- You will communicate with customers directly explaining the goals and purpose of a research study to secure their participation
- You will manage the set-up and logistics of our remote and face-to-face studies and ensure they run smoothly
- You will observe research sessions and be the primary note-taker
- You will build and manage trusting relationships between the research team and our internal teams that support research
- You will build and manage a Customer Research Panel, a pool and database of customers interested in contributing to FF product development.
- You will manage relationships with third parties, such as external recruiters or facilities providers
- You will perform a supporting role to continuously improve the operational side of our research studies.
- You will lead Consumer recruitment efforts, setting processes and establishing best practices
- You’ll manage Research vendors and the Research budget
- You will support the UX Research managers by preparing regular budget reports
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have a few years experience in administrative support (ideally including recruitment and project coordination) or in an operations role (ideally in a business-to-consumer context)
- You are experienced in navigating and getting things done in big, distributed organisations.
- You are great at managing relationships with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, setting expectations, delivering upon them and gaining stakeholder trust and respect
- You are well organised and able to multitask in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment while providing an excellent level of support
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You are a forward-thinker. You are proactive in helping the team to innovate and improve.
- You are self-driven, and unafraid to take ownership of a task or project
- You feel comfortable speaking convincingly to senior professionals within our business and representing Farfetch to vendors
- You are proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and always happy to learn new tools.
- You are a native speaker or have full professional fluency in English
You will be a top candidate if you also have:
- Practical experience in a user research context and/or Bachelor/Master degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields
- Program management experience
- Tech savvy: Experienced with research tools (e.g. survey tools, User Testing, User Zoom, User Testing.com, Usabilla, …) and happy to be scouting for new tools that make your and the team’s work more efficient