Job DescriptionOur past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain and Product Operations team is composed of thousands of employees across the world working to bring together the art and science of creating the right product, made well and delivered at the right time.
Thanks to our enormous size and scale, we are uniquely positioned to drive transformative change in the retail industry through both brand collaboration and mill and vendor partnerships. As we work diligently to create operational efficiency and value to the business, our Global Supply Chain is without doubt the true product engine of the enterprise.
The best part of GSC is our people – across our divisions, we are comprised of individuals around the world, each unique in culture, career experience, and product expertise. We are united through our love of our iconic American fashion brands and our drive to create products that our customers love.
We are looking for Administrative Assistant to support the Head of Human Resources for our Global Supply Chain. The person will also work with the Human Resources, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition and L+D teams on key Human Resources initiatives and projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes software in the preparation and maintenance of various reports, analysis and forms.
- Makes sure that all correspondence is presented in a professional manner
- Transcribes minutes from meetings for publication.
- Arranges telephone conference calls via Dial-In, Videoconference, and Inter-company.
- Makes all necessary travel arrangements.
- Schedules conference rooms (including ordering breakfast, lunch, refreshments). Schedules and prepares all AV equipment.
- Prepares expense settlements and submits to Corporate Accounts Payable Department for processing.
- Coordinate meetings and agendas; assist with presentations and meeting materials.
- Ensure executive is prepared with necessary materials for meetings.
- Act as liaison between executive’s direct reports and their staff.
- Coordinate setup of new employees including on-boarding facilitation.
- Maintain department organization charts, phone lists, and email distribution.
- Maintain inventory of computer equipment, office equipment and office supplies, purchase as necessary and manage budget.
- Prioritizes workload effectively to ensure smooth processes of daily operations.
- Maintains organization of files for accurate and timely reference.
- Creates databases or spreadsheets for tracking key information and maintaining reports.
- Designs slides for presentations representing company information.
- Operates as a team player by contributing in the development of processes or solutions to everyday situations.
- Must be able to maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Office software, inclusive of Power Point Skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Must possess a high priority for organization and attention to detail.
- Reputation for delivering consistent results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and initiate actions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Engaging demeanor with internal and external stakeholders
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three to five years’ administrative experience supporting high-level executive
- Travel Requirement as needed for meetings and/or as needed by request
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employeesGap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.