ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Buying - Beauty
Reports to: Team Lead Buying Beauty
Team Size: <10
As a Buyer in our Beauty category, you’re part of a high performing team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people and fashion.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Being responsible for one of the Beauty units and act as a market expert for trend focused brands with a European view of the latest trends
- Collaborating with all relevant top brands (MAC; Estee Lauder; Clinique; L’Oreal, etc…) you will be responsible for the creative direction of your department, sourcing new brands, negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst you keep our existing suppliers happy
- Knowing KPIs and partner with the merchandise team for you to plan the budget and OTB to monitor and review the performance of your unit. Your recommendations are based on valid numbers.
- Exchanging with other departments like Logistics, Content and Photo production, Onsite Management and Marketing is key to your work, ensuring that we act in line with the whole organization. You will work cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced in working for a fast paced retailing business. Relevant Buying Experience at a similar level. You have ideally worked within an Ecommerce retailer and with branded fashion product.
- Keeping in close touch with colleagues and partners, and you stay cool, calm and collected even when the going gets tough.
- Your excellent analytical skills put you on top of the class and you just love working with numbers. You are an expert in using Excel and the MS Office package.
- Negotiation is in your blood, and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders. You have mastered both written and spoken negotiations in English beautifully.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.