As a Buyer in our Women Footwear Modern category, you’re part of a high performing team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people and fashion. You are responsible for wholesale and branded buying, working together with your buying and planning teams. The role is a maternity cover, so we offer you a limited contract.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Good opportunity to drive your portfolio reporting into the Senior Buyer of the unit. Creative direction of your assortment, checking trends, sourcing new brands, negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst you manage the existing brands
- Together with merchandising, being responsible for defining brands strategy including budget and assortment planning. Check your KPIs and partner with the merchandise manager for monitoring the OTB and review the performance of your unit, making recommendations based on valid numbers
- Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, onsite management and marketing are key to your work, ensuring that we act in line with the whole organization. You will work cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit
- Know the latest trends and be up-to-date in terms of fashion European markets, especially for the Footwear category
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 4 years of buying experience in a Head Office and fashion knowledge, preferably with a background in footwear
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge in MS Office (especially Excel and formulas) and combining the passion for numbers with fashion and trends
- Negotiation is in your blood, and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Quick thinking and proactive attitude, which also means you keep on top of things in a fast-paced environment, while embracing collaboration. Being able to work in a team as well as being very independent
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.