As a Buyer in our Special Sizes (Petite + Maternity) category, you’re part of a high performing team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people and fashion. You will be focusing on our Petite OR Maternity assortment and work on the strategic topic of size inclusivity as part of our Zalando strategy for 2020.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Good opportunity to lead your own portfolio in the unit reporting into the Team Lead. Be responsible for the creative direction of your Women Textile Special Sizes portfolio, growing key accounts, sourcing new brands, negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst you keep our existing suppliers happy. You will manage key strategic brands and relationships with your overall portfolio
- Together with merchandising, be responsible for defining unit strategy including budget and assortment planning, taking into account the Zalando strategy, your customer profile, trends and competitive landscape. Check your KPIs and partner with the merchandise manager for monitoring the OTB and review the performance of your unit, making recommendations based on valid numbers
- Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, onsite management and marketing are key to your work, ensuring that we act in line with the whole organization. You will work cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit
- You collaborate with your team members and you act as a role model for the Zalando Founding Mindset
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced in working for a fast paced e-commerce retailing business (minimum of 4 years). Relevant branded buying experience at a similar level, ideally working with big international apparel brands
- Being passionate about fashion and a market expert for trend focused brands with a European view of the latest trends. Your excellent analytical skills put you on top of the class and you love working with numbers to validate your gut instinct buying decisions and take risks
- Negotiation is in your blood, you have mastered both written and spoken negotiations beautifully. You display strong stakeholder and relationship management skills, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Quick thinking and proactive attitude, which also means you keep on top of things in a fast-paced environment, while embracing collaboration. Being able to work in a team as well as being very independent
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.