ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Sourcing Private Labels
Reports to: Head of Private Label Product Supply
Team Size: >50
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Melda Atalay, firstname.lastname@example.org
As Head of Sourcing for Private Labels, and belonging to the Product Supply Organization in Categories, you will lead our Private Label Sourcing Strategy, including Sourcing, Quality Management and Materials Management, with teams located in Berlin, China, Spain and Portugal.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Providing direction on supplier footprint and sourcing strategies based on a sound understanding of both industry trends and the needs of our product teams on a regular basis and during seasonal reviews.
- Driving our seasonal vendor planning and long-term strategies based on in-depth performance analysis and business requirements. Taking the lead on scouting new suppliers for strengthening our supplier portfolio, using both internal and external networks.
- Evolving our end to end Quality Management strategy, including QC Inspections, but also Chemical and Physical Testing, you will shape our Materials and Trims strategy, including sourcing of Core and Trend Materials, material bookings and deals and sustainability strategy. You will act as a sounding board between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- You will manage a team of Sourcing Leads and Managers, QM Managers, Material Managers and our Teams on the Sourcing offices located in China and Europe.
- You have successfully completed a degree or equivalent in business administration, textiles, sourcing or similar field. You have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience working for a top retailer in Strategic Sourcing and/or Product Management / Buying, with sound apparel and shoes industry and product knowledge, ideally in different production regions
- You are a team player with excellent abilities to drive, influence and align different stakeholders, including but not limited to: product teams, operations teams, sourcing offices and suppliers. You are experienced in regular supplier communication and aware of the sensitivity of such discussions
- You are experienced in strategic planning, conducting and leading comprehensive analysis, including presentation and discussion of results in large internal meetings.You have strong communication skills to deliver strategic presentations and lead conceptual discussions
- You have leadership experience with different teams. You have a proactive and self-initiating attitude, always willing and looking for new challenges. You are proficient in written and spoken English
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.