As a Junior Buyer in our Men's Sneakers category, you’re part of a high performing team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people and fashion. You are responsible for multi-branded buying. You work together with two Assistant Buyers, one Buyer and one Senior Buyer.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Identification of the best product selection for the sneaker brands you will be responsible for to increase performance indicators, whilst also aiding in the buying process sneaker brands the buyer and senior buyer manage.
- Finding the right assortment balance between being commercial, authentic and fashionable at the same time.
- A passionate knowledge of sneaker trends, sustainability, new and hot brands, and negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst continuing to manage daily relationships with existing suppliers.
- Understand and own your KPIs and partner with the merchandise team to plan up front budgets and manage the in season OTB.
- Cross functional expertise is required to build successful relationships with other departments like textiles, womens sneakers, marketing, logistics, content and studio.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-3 years of fashion buying experience in a head office or within an e-commerce retailer, preferably having a background within sneakers or streetwear.
- Excellent analytical skills with knowledge in MS Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint).
- Negotiation is in your blood and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders. An ability to showcase your knowledge of trends alongside facts is crucial.
- Quick thinking with a proactive attitude and an ability to deal with change. Zalando is a fast-paced environment and sneakers is a key focus for the business internally.
- You need to be able to work in a team as well as being very independent, this covers the immediate sneakers team and also the wider teams of Zalando.
- A passion for trends, sneakers and fashion is crucial with an understanding of how this links to the markets within Europe. A real pan european view is needed for this role.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.