As a Senior Buyer in our Beauty department, you’re part of a small team, creating new and innovative ways to connect people, beauty and fashion.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Oversee for the creative direction of your Beauty unit, sourcing new brands, negotiating the best terms for Zalando whilst you keep our existing suppliers happy. You will manage key strategic and highly trend-driven brands such as Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, etc.
- Understand your customer profile and how we can best perform through assortment, trend, brands and content
- Know KPIs and partner with the senior merchandise team to plan the budget and OTB to monitor and review the performance of your unit. Your recommendations are based on valid numbers
- Exchanging with other departments like Content, Logistics, Marketing and Photo production is key to your work, ensuring that we act in line with the whole organization. You will work cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit
- Work closely and build up relations with stakeholders across the company: Business Development, Retail Operations, Customer fulfillment, Digital Experience & Tech, Marketing, Legal, Analytics and steer your business with their support. Confidently and professionally present the business opportunity and collaborate with empathy to achieve the targets; communicate transparently and share findings and decisions in order to develop the Beauty business
- Liaise closely with Business Development stakeholders to drive cross-functional, cross-departmental projects
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced in working for a fast paced e-commerce retailing business. Relevant Buying Experience at a similar senior level, working with big international Beauty brands
- Being a leader who will manage a team that consists of one Assistant Buyer, you will be directly reporting into the Team Lead. You love developing people, training and acting as a role model for the team.
- Being passionate about beauty and a market expert for trend focused brands with a European view of the latest trends. Your excellent analytical skills put you on top of the class and you love working with numbers to validate your gut instinct buying decisions and take risks
- Negotiation is in your blood, and you are always a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers and other stakeholders. You have mastered both written and spoken negotiations beautifully
- Experience in working in large scale cross functional, multi stakeholder projects
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail.