As a Team Lead Buying / Buying Manager for Women Footwear reporting into the Head of Buying you are responsible for creating a clearly defined assortment strategy and taking ownership for its execution and delivery. You plan and manage the budget for this business and you are responsible for leading the buying team.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will provide creative direction and will guide your team on sourcing new brands and new products. You control OTB for your category to maximize sales, gross margin and inventory turn. You are passionate about product and trends and knowledgeable about the fashion Industry. You drive the strategy and help to identify strategic marketing & product stories alongside the Marketing & Country teams
- Owning and managing the performance of the assortment, you will work closely with Merchandise Planning to drive sales and maximize profits. You take responsibility for owning and driving In-Season KPIs. You influence the OTB for your category to maximise sales, gross margin and inventory turn
- Maximizing relationships, you will build strong, trustful long term partnerships with the biggest brands for this unit such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, Tommy Hilfiger, Birkenstock, Timberland, UGG. You possess strong negotiation skills and the ability to take a strategic view on maximizing long term sales and profit potential. You will forge strong cross category relationships, supporting amongst others our Partner Program and ZMS (Zalando Marketing Solutions) teams
- Leading people is your passion. Alongside your key functional responsibilities, you will be fully responsible for leading, coaching and developing your team by identifying their strengths, development areas and training needs. You will look after a team across various levels from Assistant Buyers through to Senior Buyer with 2 directs reports
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant Buying Experience at a Management level, within in a fast-paced retail business, ideally a multi-branded E-commerce retailer
- As a strong leader, you are strategic and are able to manage multiple stakeholders effectively.You understand and are motivated by the challenges of the fashion e-com business. You pride yourself in your leadership skills with relevant experience leading a large team
- Expertise in spotting trends and brave enough to take strategic buying decisions. You have a history of successfully implementing new process to become more efficient and customer-centric
- Strong analytical skills are required to be successful in the role
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.