Alexander McQueen is looking for a talented Buyer who is passionate about Menswear to join the EMEA Buying team. This exciting role offers the opportunity to work within a dynamic team, driving the Men’s business in the region and being the key point of contact with stores whilst building strong relationships with the Global Merchandising team in Headquarters. The position will be best suited to a proactive individual with strong analytical and communication skills, who has a natural affinity with Men’s fashion and an extensive understanding of market trends. The role involves regular travelling visiting the European stores and to buy the collections in Paris and Milan.
How you will contribute:
- To execute the Buying strategy across the EMEA region for Menswear, respecting the global strategy
- Develop a product assortment and present to the EMEA General Merchandising Manager, accurately representing the collection whilst ensuring this satisfies market demands
- Analyse and report on product and collection results based on store sales
- Collate regular feedback from Store teams in order to help shape the buy, based on the expert knowledge that you have of each store and market
- Contribute towards the effective management of the open-to-buy budget regularly presenting results to the EMEA General Merchandising Manager and WW Buying Director as appropriate
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of stock rebalancing, identifying strategic opportunities and present to the EMEA GMM
- Manage stock movements relating to specific customer requests and effectively manage the special order process
- Support the EMEA GMM with in store product training, including refresher training and one to one coaching to drive retail excellence
- Implement and run reporting and analysis to closely monitor daily, weekly and monthly sales within your region, deep-diving into category or sizing where necessary
Your Skills & Experience:
- Extensive local market/ regional knowledge gained from a similar Buying or Retail Merchandising role in a luxury retailer
- Knowledge of the latest trends in men’s ready to wear
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, personable with proven experience in developing close partners with store teams
- Highly organised with an ability to manage complexity
- Demonstrate an excellent level of product sensitivity to your category
- Frequent travel required
- Degree in a related discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.