Due to internal promotion, we have a new vacancy for a Head of Womenswear Buying. Reporting to the Buying Director, the Head of WW Buying is responsible for leading the women's buy team to deliver product assortment, revenue, gross profit and sell through targets across all channels - stores, e-commerce, Farfetch and partnerships, in-line with the Browns vision - to be the COOLEST multi-channel boutique in the world.
- Lead and inspire the Women's Buying function to deliver a product assortment that is moving the dial in the industry whilst simultaneously delivering the planned growth and profit targets.
- Build, coach and develop a high performing multi-cultural buy team.
- Oversee the development of the Buying Managers for RTW and Non Apparel and ensure their respective areas are delivering to target.
- Ensure buying function, processes and team are working in the most effective way to drive maximum value - be revolutionary.
- Collaborating with the Head of Merchandising to develop trade and allocation plans.
- Set financial standards and OKR's for each category team and ensure consistent execution, process and accountability from the team.
- Topline supplier relationship management, including building close relationships with counter parts as well as delivering business plans, strategic trading, terms and operational negotiations, and similar.
- Work closely with Buying Director and Head of Menswear to deliver the seasonal buy strategy.
- Work closely with Head of Merchandising to create the Seasonal Product Strategy in line with Browns vision and strategic objectives.
- Partnering with the head of Merchandising and the wider management team (covering Ecommerce, Retail, Operations, Finance, Press and Marketing) to ensure delivery of the annual budget and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with Farfetch functions to drive performance, share best practice, scale and efficiency across Browns and The Group, and at the same time ensuring the direct reports are doing the same with their counterparts.
- Work with People team to ensure that recruitment is timely, of the defined calibre and functional training programmes are in place.
- Work with Brand Engagement and VM teams to deliver new innovative concepts for our buys to move the business forward.
- Live and breathe our brand values: Be Brilliant, Be Human, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos (all together), Think Global and Amaze Customers!
The Ideal Candidate
- Confident cross functional influencer.
- Pro-active commercial problem solver and analyst.
- Strong mature leader and role model, a Future leader.
- Approachable and empathetic coach and team player.
- Excellent activity and deadline management.
- Ability to work with autonomy and at pace essential.
- Proven delivery of results through buying, negotiations, planning, trading, leadership within a multi brand, multi-channel environment.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen, operates with a clear command of the key financial drivers in a dynamic results-orientated environment
- Proven management and leadership experience with strong decision making abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated how to drive buying results in bricks and mortar, ecommerce cross-functionally within a wider group.
- Current experience at Buying Manager level essential, as well as experience of managing buyers of all levels.
- Luxury experience essential.