This role will involve strategic design and execution of the buying strategy for the Performance (Active) and Lounge departments, aligned to the business objectives. As a key growth area for the business, the JB will both maximise the current brand portfolio's full potential as well growing the department through sourcing of newness. The role requires strong people management, coaching and leadership to deliver the team's goals, strong commercial awareness, and creativity in approach to drive profitability, performance and our brand position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Proposing and implementing the seasonal strategy for the department in light on business objectives, presenting this and agreeing to this with the Buying Manager.
* Full accountability for managing OTB Budget, implementing strategies to drive the best return for OTB.
* Leading from the front to inspire, motivate and coach your team, building their skills and competencies by proactively driving their performance and championing their internal development.
* Analysing sales across all channels, reporting back to the business on sales performance on a weekly basis, and proposing actions in order to achieve agreed targets in order to maximize margin and optimize sell through.
* Negotiating the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, margin.
* Working collaboratively with the Merchandising department to plan and forecast sales on seasonal basis.
* Maintaining strong working relationships with all suppliers to ensure a co-operative approach is maintained at all times.
* Sourcing new brands through various channels and building relationships with potential suppliers to ensure product is in line with the company buying strategy and promote newness and exclusivity.
* Conduct Buy's autonomously or in collaboration with the BM, attending all markets as per the business needs.
* Maintain strong awareness of market trends and competitor activity in order to ensure uniqueness and newness on approach to Buying.
* Working closely with other buying departments in relation to the selection of collections in order to ensure themes are consistent across the whole edit.
* Working closely with the retail stores in order to maintain customer contact and gain insight into customer feedback and buying behaviour.
* Collaborate with the Brand Engagement team to translate the product vision and product focuses for the season, helping to formulate opportunities for the brand engagement team to formulate and message key brand moments, enhancing the Browns brand.
* Resolving any escalated issues in relation to suppliers or stock.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
* Previous experience in a Junior Buyer or Assistant Buyer role in Performance/Active within the luxury fashion industry, preferably with an e-commerce or bricks and mortar retailer.
* Results-driven with ability to provide demonstrated examples of implement buying strategy to achieve sales growth.
* Strong analytical skills in order to manage OTB and forecast sales, as well as analyse sell-through.
* Ability to think outside the box and bring ideas to the table in relation to product and brand mix.
* Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to plan, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
* Natural relationship building skills in order to work effectively with suppliers, and manage relationships with all internal stakeholders.
* Good eye for product demonstrating excellent commercial awareness in the luxury market.
* Flexible in nature and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver the goals of the department.
* Eagerness to learn and develop a career within the Buying function at Browns.
The Ideal Candidate