We are looking for a talented Buyer to join the Browns Womenswear Buying team. This is a great opportunity for an established Buyer to join an iconic luxury retailer and continue the growth of the Womenswear offer. We are looking for candidates with experience buying RTW within a similar multibrand retailer.
The role will be working with the Buying Director to support the overall Womenswear Buying strategy, identifying growth opportunities within the product range and how and where to implement them.
You will be responsible for sourcing new brands and products and negotiating the best terms for Browns, to manage existing brands and to work with marketing to drive sales and maximise profitability. You will work with our internal team to both drive sales and manage costs.
Key Responsibilities include-
• To source new brands and product in line with the company buying strategy through knowledge and expertise of the product and market.
• To negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support.
• Analyse sales, identifying potential for growth and develop a buying plan to deliver growth
• Monitor sell throughs, propose actions in order to achieve agreed targets and manage markdowns in order to maximize margin and optimize sell through.
• Develop and maintain contacts and identify potential trends, new designers, opportunities for exclusives, in order to deliver a collection in line with Browns image and business plans.
• Work with press office to link Browns to appropriate press and develop Browns image.
• Work closely with the store to maintain customer contact and understanding of trends.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced Buyer with ambition, drive and a self-starting attitude who would be excited at the prospect of being part of a successful and established rapidly growing business.
Significant commercial experience gained in a Womenswear Buying role
Extensive relevant experience in luxury fashion retailing within a multi-brand environment
Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
Proven track record of creating positive impact on business through buying strategy
Good judgement and decision making skills with confidence in suggesting calculated risks.
A proven track record of networking, negotiation skills
Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
Excellent communication skills
Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient with the ability to self-motivate.
A sense of personal style and a keen eye for details
Entrepreneurial spirit with creative flair
To apply for this amazing opportunity send your CV and cover letter with the reference WOMENS BUYER with an outline of current notice period and salary expectations included.