We have an exciting opportunity available as a Buying Manager covering our Handbags & Small Leathers category based in Fenwick of Bond Street.
Since 1882, Fenwick has been a department store of note for shoppers of exceptional taste. Behind our modern outlook, astute product selection, unique collaborations and extraordinary service lies a brilliantly British style and spirit. For more than 130 years we have been, as our founder described it, a department store to delight the thoughtful woman – a sentiment that continues to hold true today. We have nine stores located throughout the United Kingdom, and we are online.
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for supporting your team to build and create a product range and balanced assortment which is inspirational, creative and reflective of target customers across all Fenwick stores and online. You will be responsible for sourcing and negotiating new brands, and trading existing brands using the buying power of nine stores to drive sales and profit. You will help deliver a greater market share in your specific categories, whilst implementing local range strategies for individual stores to differentiate product and create local propositions in each local context.
- Previous experience working in a senior buying role
- Experience working with luxury handbags and accessories
- The ability to successfully deliver a broad portfolio of brands and product categories
- Luxury brand building experience
- Good knowledge of trends and social influencers
- Experience of coaching, developing and managing a team
- Developed communication, influencing and relationship skills
- Strong negotiating and contracting skills
- Proven track record in building successful business cases and gaining internal/external support/buy in.
- Numerate with good analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of excel and Buying & Merchandising system
The closing date for applications for this role is 24/11/2019
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25% Colleague Discount (some restrictions apply)
- Pension scheme
- 4 weeks holiday plus 1 additional day to take in the month of your birthday
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Business Dress Loan Scheme (if applicable)
- Cycle to Work scheme.