This position actively assists the production and buying team in the execution of the supply chain strategy and coordination of the department.
The candidate should have excellent organisational and analytical skills with the ability to work independently. They will work closely with the Production manager to administer the orders, handle delivery schedules and negotiate dates, manage the sampling process and samples and assist in product photo shoots. A good knowledge of Excel is required.
• This is a supporting role for the production and buying team.
• Purchasing stock across the channels based on clear analysis of channels.
• Updating Brightpearl system, reporting on low stocks and proposing replenishment quantity.
• Assisting in sample production, maintaining the sample storeroom and assisting in product photo shoots.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships across the business including buying/production, sales channels, logistics department.
• Build and maintain relationships with fabric and trim suppliers to achieve best possible lead times, prices and payment terms.
• The main point of contact for suppliers.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
• Passionate about House of Hackney and the values it stands for representing it on a UK and International platform
• Ambition to contribute to the growth of House of Hackney into a global lifestyle brand
• 1-2 years experience in a similar assistant role within the fashion and or lifestyle industry
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to produce reports and updates regularly
• Flexible approach in order to manage priorities within the business
• Highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office
After a decade of bland minimalism the brand captured the zeitgeist with its collections of British-made prints and products that are steeped in tradition but are bold and subversive for a truly modern statement.
Today, House of Hackney has evolved into a successful British-made brand incorporating interiors, fashion and lifestyle divisions. House of Hackney has achieved cult status amongst its loyal customer-base of tastemakers, celebrities and interior designers and has become the British go-to brand for its iconic printed collections.
With an aesthetic influenced by English heritage, albeit with a thoroughly modern interpretation, it was paramount to the founder’s vision that British-made materials and manufacturing would be used, keeping production close to home and supporting small traditional industries and creating local employment where the skills were available.
We offer in-house training and a young and dynamic office environment based in Shoreditch.
- - -
“This House is a safe space to let your creativity run wild as we work collaboratively to shape the future of the brand. This House is filled with characters, each bringing their own sought-after skills and a unique sense of magic. This House feels like home.”
Thomas, Global Communications Manager
“As part of the production team, I have incredible opportunities to work closely with our beautiful product at every stage of its journey while simultaneously supporting small-scale, UK-based suppliers who are true experts in their craft. I feel motivated by the eco-conscious approach taken not only to our production processes and products, but also within our office and beyond. It feels very special to work in a creative environment alongside a team who are passionate and supportive of both the brand and each other.”
Astrid, Production Coordinator
“House of Hackney has given me exciting opportunities, both professionally and personally. As a representative of our Global Sales team, I’ve travelled to many countries around the world, showing previews of our collections to interiors designers and valued Trade clients. Back at our London studio, the team feels like a family that shares a passion for this beautiful brand and its eco-conscious values. We are encouraged to grow, learn, flourish, do good and take a balanced approach to work and our lives outside it.”
Lorna, Junior Sales Lead