PVH Buying is responsible for the selection, range building and product strategy for the UK+ business. In a constantly changing retail environment we look to build the best assortment for each retail location, based upon: customer profile, sales targets and regional retail landscape. Working closely and collaborating with all key retail stakeholders (Buying, Retail Operations, Visual Merchandising and Store teams), ensuring strong communication and a passion for opportunity and success are the foundations for this team. Reporting into the Senior Buyer you’ll play a key role in supporting and driving the buying strategy for the channel’s commercial direction (Full Price, Outlet, Concession, and E-commerce).
Collaborating with the Merchandiser, you’ll be responsible for building the CK/TH brands product assortment to meet our customers’ requirements and deliver a market leading range for their divisions
● Own the strategy for product selection and ranging, by channel – of your departments.
● Manage the process of taking product from strategy, planning, development and selection to stores - meeting our store and customer requirements.
● Review of sales analysis to ensure the correct balance of history; trend and product strategy within the UK+ product range.
● Drive the correct commercial balance of the product offer in line with business area/dept
● Manage the critical path to achieve departmental sales target, playing a key role in the adoption and best-buy process for the UK+.
● Play a key role in in the Buy-review and Best-buy process to achieve departmental sales and margin targets.
● Display clear strategy and brand direction.
● Review current sales and react appropriately to maximise every sales opportunity.
● Deliver clear vision / strategy each season to store line.
● Understand TH global product trends and interpret where relevant into UK+ catalogue.
● Monitor, maintain and action a full competitor analysis, and present ideas to gain competitor advantage.
● Work with Wholesale teams to gain wider view of UK market.
● Implement and exploit new systems and processes to continually improve the buying-model.
● Work with the Amsterdam division/s to exploit their capability and ensure ways of working are established in line with the business model.
● Managing an effective Team, prioritising workload to ensure tasks are completed on time.
● Develop junior members of the team including Assistant Buyers and Buyers Administrators.
● Support the brand strategy and encourages others to do so.
The Ideal Candidate
● You'll have at least 3+ years buying experience.
● You'll have menswear experience.
● You'll have previous experience of formulating and delivering a detailed plan for taking products from strategy/best buy to sales floor.
● You'll have owned the development, sign-off and delivery of a product plan.
● You’ll be a commercially astute and confident decision maker, communicating with impact across all levels.
● You’ll work well with change, being able to quickly adapt and work with pace.
● You'll have strong analytical skills, including knowledge of retail math.
● You'll be highly organised and demonstrate the ability to prioritise and multitask, in addition to managing and developing more junior members of team.