We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable Buying Administration Assistant to join our team and help us execute and plan our buying and merchandising strategy.
Head Office, WC2B
Planning the product range: carry out research into trends and competitors to identify new opportunities, help map out the development plan for a product and ensure suppliers have provided adequate information,
Product development: help put together option designs and specifications for each product type, and facilitate these designs being distributed to potential manufacturers for costing and sampling. Review responses and assist the team with communications between Shaku and the Suppliers.
Sourcing, manufacturing and shipping: assist with the final negotiation of cost prices, delivery dates and trading terms for the finalised option range plan, follow the product purchase order raising process and delivery of required standard labelling, hangers and tickets on behalf of the manufacturers, monitor the delivery schedules.
Warehousing and distribution: ensure all supplier and delivery records are at all times up to date so that all deliveries and warehousing activities are delivered on time, review all deliveries to ensure that bulk production is as final approved samples and in line with quality assurance guidelines
Generally, you will be the first point of contact regarding any queries relating to stock, orders and delvieries and you will provide all-round administrative support to the Shaku team
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in fashion, business or a similar field
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal, numerical and analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Outlook
- Proficient knowlege of social media channels and how they work
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Willingness to travel between Holborn and Wimbledon (HQ to Warehouse)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or a similar programme advantageous
The Ideal Candidate
- Willingness to engage with a diverse range of work and projects
- Strong connection with our brand identity
- Proactive and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Passion for the fashion industry
- A good team player
Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
To apply for this role:
Please send your CV and covering letter, including details of current salary, to
with BUYING ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT in the subject box.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th April, 5pm.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
In light of the coronavirus situation, interviews will be conducted over the phone and video conferencing. If the situation does not resolve, upon employment the role will be a combination of work from home and ad hoc days in the office for training until we can return to the office.