The Ecommerce Buyer will be responsible for ensuring The Rake’s wholesale and marketplace assortment offers our discerning customer base the most compelling and luxurious sartorial assortment available, and for optimising and maximising revenue, sell-through and ATP site-wide. This highly analytical individual will be responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive seasonal ecommerce frameworks that align product strategy with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies meet expectations, and drive growth. The successful candidate will have proven experience within a previous buying role. An intimate understanding of the menswear industry and relevant trends is essential.
· Hindsight, analyse and strategize every quarter prior to market by department, classification and style at a top-line as well as store level to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability
· Responsible for the selection of product range plan based on thorough analysis achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-though %
· Stock monitoring – work with allocations team to ensure newness is delivered at the right time ranging in the right initial quantities.
· Assist in creating seasonal, monthly and weekly plans for sales, inventory, markdowns and gross margin.
· Partner with stores to analyse business by door to maximize sales and stock opportunities. Monitor flow of initial assortments as well as reorders by classification and by style
· Recap key item rankings by classification, style, colour and size. Create best seller reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
· Carry out product and price competitive analysis, producing a monthly SWOT to identify key trends and make recommendations for product development, striving to be the first to launch trends in the market place as appropriate for the brand, identifying regional nuances and Ecom opportunities.
· Communicate and partner with retail team, stores, sales support, production, wholesale and Global partners to ensure proper execution of merchandising strategies.
· Work closely with VM team giving recommendations on visual layout within stores that maximize big investments and bestsellers.
· Prepare for and attend store visits making recommendations to drive business.
· Aggressively drive the business by identifying opportunities and developing action plans to maximize best results through reorders, challenging business partners and status quo.
· Aid in establishing best practices and building processes appropriate for a new and growing business.
The Ideal Candidate
· Must have previous experience in Buying
· Vertical retail experience strongly preferred.
· Menswear background imperative
· Computer Literate – Strong Excel Skills
· Proven ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
· Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Experience working in an international merchandising function.
· Strong knowledge of trends, fashion sense and know-how.
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V