The Buying Internship offers exposure and insight into the qualitative and quantitative aspects of multi-brand retail. The intern is responsible for assisting the Buying team with all tasks related to Forty Five Ten's merchandise purchases. We’re seeking an analytical individual with elevated taste and a passion for fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the administrative & operational functions supporting multiple buyers.
- Support purchase order management and the OTB; functions may include writing orders, amending PO’s, administering cancellations, and following up internally and externally to process PO’s.
- Create and analyze reports for management to identify business opportunities.
- Maintain and distribute style selling reports.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and share information with key team members.
- Pull samples for sales reviews.
- Maintain organization of key folders and binders in the office.
- Assist with market preparation for buyers.
- Create and maintain buying boards.
- Execute industry research.
- Audit the website regularly to ensure the best representation of our assortment online.
- Support the web team as needed.
- Assist with wider areas of the business, as defined by the management team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally available 3+ days per week
- Interest in fashion and retail
- Preferred experience in retail and/or ecommerce
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Skill in Microsoft Office
- Capacity to learn new systems
- Flexible with an ability to prioritize and work in a changing, growth-focused environment
- Paid internship