This position is responsible for the sales forecasting and buying decisions for all categories. This position will have responsibility for generating a seasonal merchandise plan and assortment strategy to maximize opportunities and grow the business. Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are a must.
- Develop seasonal merchandise and buying plans for all categories with input from local management and the Retail team in France.
- Maximize seasonal sell thru through market specifics buying and managing store-to-store consolidations to ensure product is available in the right stores at the right time
- Monitor daily activity of stores for replenishment needs and focus on pro-active product deliveries.
- Help planning and implementing Capsules. Monitor selection, launches and implementation
- Coordinate product training for store employees in order to maximize awareness of the season’s collection and trends.
- Heads weekly, monthly, seasonal sales analysis to recommend and implement tactical actions to deliver the plans.
- Develop and coordinate with the Senior Management to share information on promotional activity, markdowns, etc.
- Stay informed of fashion/trends and apply this knowledge to assortment and promotional plans.
- Stay abreast of trends within the domestic luxury market and provide feedback to France on the collection and on the needs and opportunities of the US market.
- Manage the Markdown process: Analysis of the MD inventory/assortment, logistical flow from boutique to warehouse to outlet.
- Place and confirm special orders/request as needed.
- Collaborate on special projects for brand (pop-ups, store events, activations etc).
- Assist with Store Opening preparations in regards to the product (initial assortment, VM,…)
- Support on specific Wholesale projects
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of buying experience, preferably in the luxury sector with multi-category buying experience
- Strong understanding of merchandising financials, retail math and the ability to manage profitability
- Proven experience building profitable business
- Knowledge of Open-to-Buy process
- Strong management and team building experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong product sensibility and understanding of trends/brands
- Ability to analyze reports and draw conclusions/recommendations
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies, as business needs dictate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Prefer knowledge of COGNOS, and CEGID
- Must be able to travel to Paris Buying Sessions (4 times per year) and Domestically (2 times per year)