The Digital Merchandise Assistant is responsible for providing operational support to our Digital, Buying, and creative teams by leading Merchant team photography planning and execution. The position requires strong operational acumen and an understanding of Site merchandising. This role requires support for website product display activities, including price execution. Fundamental requirements include the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results.
The Digital Merchandise Assistant will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective at developing strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions
- Ability to influence Merchant partners
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Take responsibility for own development plan and curriculum
- Develop innovative solutions to existing customer or Company challenges
- Openly accepts and seeks constructive direction for development from supervisor and leadership
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiatives
- Relishes in a fast paced environment and is effective under pressure
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with counterparts to drive business strategies
- Utilize the Stella dashboard to manage Merchandise workflow and resolve any issues (i.e. On Hand Not Live (OHNL), Issue Tracking System (ITS) Report).
- Lead photography and image production forecasting processes.
- Request, acquire, and return samples to vendors.
- Prepare samples and product photography leadsheets for delivery to our creative production team.
- Perform product attribution in Facet.
- Participate in “product turn-in” meetings with creative production, during which we finalize on detailed product photography plans.
- Support Buying team review and validation of images to be displayed on our digital platforms.
- Develop strong relationships with vendor partners & maintain vendor contact information.
- Drive continuous process improvement through ongoing identification & resolution of photography planning challenges & opportunities, with internal and external partners.
- Aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality. Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to influence.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.