The Director - Lead Beauty Education, Programming and Content acts as the Beauty education authority for Macy’s, responsible for defining the vision and strategy of sales education and operationalizing platforms to deliver and measure learning. They are the primary contact for Beauty education for both internal and external partners, including but not limited to vendor executives, Beauty merchandising teams, central and field Beauty stores teams, as well as fashion office, marketing, business development, learning and development, staffing, and technology teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Director - Lead, Beauty Education – Programming and Content will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented leader, business partner and change agent who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and industry credibility. The ideal candidate is experienced in education development and execution with a passion for Beauty. They must be a Beauty enthusiast who loves the category and has current knowledge about trending brands, products, and techniques. They need to be comfortable and effective leading through significant ambiguity and able to fully develop and execute a clear end-to-end vision for Beauty education at Macy’s.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions.
- Ability to influence partners, both internal and external.
- Actively influence market to drive business.
- Engage and energize Beauty field teams.
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Seek out innovative solutions to existing customer and/or Company challenges.
- Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life.
- Producer, Digital Beauty Training
- Coordinator, Beauty Education – Operations
- Define vision and strategy for Beauty sales education in support of overall business strategy, with a focus on customer-centric and cross-brand selling, product and category knowledge, and trends.
- Collaborate with Beauty merchants to ensure alignment with business priorities.
- Develop Beauty sales education programming and content, including curation and adaptation of brand content, creation of Macy’s cross-brand and trend content, and creation of education roadmap and materials for facilitation and ongoing learning.
- Collaborate with vendor executives, fashion office, and learning and development to ensure content is relevant and encourages effective learning.
- Collaborate with Beauty merchandising teams, marketing, and fashion office to develop cross-brand and trend content.
- Own maintenance and evolution of digital learning platform (Beauty Playground) in collaboration with Producer, Digital Beauty Training, learning and development, and internal and external technology teams.
- Own operational execution of store training, including logistics and defining expense needs for in collaboration with Beauty Business Office, staffing, Regional Project Managers and Coordinator, Beauty Education – Operations.
- Develop a “train the trainer” program for field leadership to effectively deliver education programming.
- Own evolution of training execution; including but not limited to exploring digital live video platforms.
- Establish and monitor KPIs to track usage, content performance, usability, and effectiveness across all learning initiatives and platforms.
- Leverage consumer insights and colleague feedback to develop and refine education programming and content.
- Monitor market landscape and to identify new opportunities to adapt best practices for Beauty education.
- Monitor Beauty industry to stay current on trending brands, products, ingredients, techniques, technology, influencers, and other relevant media.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passion, interest, and knowledge in beauty required.
- 8+ years related experience preferred.
- Experience in sales education, adult learning, and digital learning preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in training content development and delivery.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and manage others.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization and within external organizations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and general knowledge about social media, web development, and content management platforms.
- Develops and coaches Manager and Coordinator.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance.
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome.
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.