The Global Visual Merchandising & Windows (VM) Team is responsible for creating and communicating all the VM tools (Guidelines, Principles & Training) to our Tommy Hilfiger Retail, SIS Wholesale and Outlet stores. Tools that will help provide a look and feel that represents the Brand and ensures that the stores are delivering a premium consumer experience through product presentation. This is supported by the collaboration with Window, Store Concept, Marketing and all Head Office department teams to ensure that the Retail VM/Windows strategy, the country and store needs are met.
The Director Global Windows - Tommy Hilfiger will report into the Senior Director, Global Visual Merchandising & Windows with a dotted line to the EVP, Global Creative Services TH. Your main contribution is managing the Windows Creative Concept, Planning/Communications, and Graphic Design team (8 HC) directly in Amsterdam as well as strong partnership on field execution across all Owned/Operated and Outlet stores closely within TH Europe country teams and regional teams in APAC & Americas. In parallel, you will also partner closely with the Visual Merchandising team on setting premium Global direction and deliver the following key objectives:
- Deliver Window guidelines and tools for divisions within the TH organization for all businesses across the globe (Europe and Regional offices) to optimize traffic, sales and profit.
- Create Window guidelines that balance art and commerce, contributing to enhancing the customer store experience and increasing overall sales per square meter.
- Work in strong partnership with Menswear, Womenswear, Accessories, Footwear, Kids, Underwear, Tommy Jeans, and Tommy Sport Division, Marketing/Sales Activation, Store Concept and Development, and Country Retail teams to lead the company with a strong premium windows rollout strategy.
- Bring the most creative and commercial ideas from campaigns and seasonal collections from concept through visualization, delivery, and execution, with aim to enhancing the consumer experience and increasing overall sales per square meter.
- Deliver strong, creative and commercial Window guidelines and tools that are understandable and easy to implement within all points of distribution (Retail Own & Operated Stores, Shop in Shops, Outlets, and partnership on Wholesale alignment).
- Form and maintain strong partnerships with all divisions in regards to seasonal concepts, design, collections, and merchandising planning.
- Drive the Global Windows Strategy and Calendar and deliver accurate and timely information on all Window aspects for all divisions to field partners and stores. Work with VM Team to align on annual and seasonal guidelines.
- Drive innovation through process and manage the Windows Communications & Planning team on providing the clear direction, inspiration, guidance and feedback through a consistent monitoring process to deliver the right consumer experience within the right environment.
- Manage the windows team (Creative Concept, Windows Communication & Planning, and Graphic Design Team) ensuring all members are working to full capacity while partnering closely with Visual Merchandising team to align on direction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 7 years experience in a Senior VM/Windows or similar role
- Creative & Commercial VM background within similar retain environment(s)
- Proven track record of delivering results, people management & project management
- Strong fashion affinity and knowledge/awareness of the retail industry
- Excellent communication skills, command of English language (written & spoken)
- Strong planning, organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and bring them to realization, inspire others
- Ability to manage and multi-task between projects and work streams
- Ability to delegate and follow-up with a good sense of people judgment
- Live the PVH values: Entrepreneurial mindset, Team mentality, Respect, Simplicity, Ownership and Youthful spirit.
- University and/or role related degree for impact on interaction with various cultures
- Good knowledge of MS office