About the Company
Since first launching 1985, TOMMY HILFIGER has become globally renowned as the pioneer of classic American cool style, fusing iconic pop culture and Americana heritage with a global spirit. Driven by Hilfiger’s determined optimism, and under his guidance, vision and leadership as Principal Designer,
TOMMY HILFIGER has grown into one of the world’s most recognized lifestyle brands that shares its inclusive, irreverent and youthful spirit with consumers worldwide. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010.
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, our in-house Agency is a talented team of art directors, designers, writers and producers, collaborating to originate ideas and activate creative programs.
We’re continually responding to ever-changing consumer needs, finding unique ways to connect with new audiences and stay ahead of the game when it comes to innovation, storytelling and creativity - all of which contributes to positioning Tommy Hilfiger as a leading global lifestyle brand.
We are looking for a generalist Art Director, with strong storytelling abilities across all channels. Expert graphic and/or editorial design skills will be foundational to this role. Digital marketing is an integral part of our daily work, and you’ll bring an authentic editorial sensibility to our content and commerce platforms, including social media.
The scope of work is varied and you’ll come with ideas that could live anywhere. Our work includes everything from digital content, email marketing and website design to retail promotions, 3-D window and in-store displays, look book shoots, video and branding & identity. We also work on internal communications, press kits, invites and events, special projects and corporate videos. We support B2B with creative content for trade shows/events and inspiring sales tools for our wholesale customers.
You’ll be working with Marketing/PR teams (at all levels) and key stakeholders originating conceptual ideas, activating content, and ensuring delivery of all design assets to the highest standards.
- From the driver’s seat, you’ll be working with teams and also working autonomously on your own projects
- You’ll be a brand guardian, upholding the seasonal campaign direction, set by the external Agency, through all marketing activities. You’ll convey the brand vision and ensure the visual aesthetic and tone-of-voice are consistently communicated across all touch points
- From the passenger’s seat, you’ll have mentor-like responsibilities supporting across the creative teams and can even jump in to help, if that is what it takes to get the job done, especially on roll-out
- Measure a project’s success beyond delivery. Work with Marketing teams to understand insights & performance data and how this affects future creative work
- Act as an ambassador for the in-house Agency team, building relationships across the wider business and will work well with different personalities including partnering with Creative Director/s and presenting to stakeholders within the Business.
- Develop and deliver thought-leadership for the Agency team and our ‘clients’
- Translate creative concepts and lead the development and execution of style guides that adhere to brand guidelines and seasonal campaign direction
- Concept commercial shoots and PR look books (incl. video) consistent with the brand image. Art direct on-model fashion and still-life shoots. Ensure synergy in shoot art direction across all product categories
- Together with our creative and external teams, be the link between the creative concept and its actual execution, enjoying the challenges of coming up with creative solutions – regardless of restrictions and technical limitations
- In most cases, you’ll be involved with researching and selecting talented creatives and agencies… so you’ll need to bring your ‘Rolodex’ of trusted contacts with you!
The Ideal Candidate
- Adaptable; there’s no typical day at the Agency
- A Master at juggling priorities, ensuring timely delivery of work and managing numerous projects simultaneously
- A passion, tenacity, curiosity and optimism to bring about creative ideas with exceptional design execution. You’re a collaborator and inspirer who, by daily example, seeks insights from other creatives, media, strategy, technology, marketing and UX teams to bring about great work.
- An enthusiastic collaborator, but also self-initiating and motivated to work autonomously You’ll enjoy working with others, sharing knowledge and best practices across the teams, and strive to continually improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level. In short, you’re somebody even experienced Creatives can learn from, and you’re open-minded to learn from others too
- A natural communicator; you eloquently present ideas and navigate work through key stakeholders, contributing to discussion and positively influencing decisions. You’ll articulate the rationale behind your work, based on consumer insight, behavior or business facts – not your opinions.
- Positive; you bring those vibes to the team while keeping work standards high, contributing to our unique agency culture, every day
- A detailed eye with exceptional graphic and typography skills, and a passion for generating innovative (but workable) creative solutions
- A passion, confidence, curiosity and agility to bring about creative ideas with exceptional design execution
- A commercial sensibility
- A minimum 7 years’ experience, with at least 3 years’ working within an editorial environment, in-house Agency team or creative Agency, working with fashion, luxury or lifestyle brands.
- A degree in a creative field such as graphic/digital design, fine arts, visual communication, art direction
- Experience working with fashion, luxury or lifestyle brands in an Art Director capacity. You’ll most likely have fashion art direction experience across varied shoots, but we’re looking for more than beautiful imagery. Your outstanding folio of work will show captivating storytelling, impeccable graphic design, impactful retail displays and windows, digital/content experience, and bringing brands to life in innovative new ways across different formats
- As this is a hands-on role, you’ll have expert competency with Adobe Creative programs, with a focus on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch-up for designing 3-D environments. You’ll be adept at Keynote for presentations (and more importantly, your presentation skills).
- Fluency is spoken and written English
- Familiar with Sketch software
- Basic animation and/or video-editing skills (Premiere, After Effects)
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own
- A wide-range of courses at PVH University to satisfy your learning and self-development appetite
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events
*Applicants who do not include a portfolio PDF or URL can unfortunately not be considered. And don’t forget a short motivation letter – we want to know why this is THE opportunity for you! NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.