The purpose of the Womenswear Online Styling Editor is to translate Browns’ point of view on fashion to our Online Styling, ensuring that all womenswear products in NEW IN are styled according to the Browns in-house standards and distinct tone-of-voice, aiming to engage customers and maximise sales. The Womenswear Online Styling Editor will create styling guidelines each season, giving the Styling Specialists team direction before the outfits are styled and photographed along with feedback after each shoot aiming to continuously improve standards and skills within the team. This role will require frequent travel to our Studio in Portugal, meaning you will work between sunny Portugal and our East London Head Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Take full accountability for WW Online Styling for the NEW IN section and ensure the Browns vision and tone of voice is reflected in all outfits consistently.
● Ascertain from the Online Styling Manager and Buying teams which brands, trends, and categories are important, using this intelligence to develop the seasonal styling guidelines and agreeing on how Online Styling can present product to drive commercial goals.
● Plan and support the delivery of initiatives including brand/product Launches and Exclusives, ensuring these are prioritised to allow for smooth and seamless styling in the studio, to ensure the product is available on time and is represented according to the buyer’s vision.
● Assess and audit the Womenswear NEW IN on a weekly basis, ensuring the output is aligned to guidelines, presenting feedback to the Online Styling Manager and suggestion to elevate the quality.
● In collaboration with the Menswear Styling Editor, present in-depth styling reviews of NEW IN to the Online Styling Manager in light of performance and sell-through data, capturing key opportunities to drive commercial results.
● Upskill and train your team of stylists, preparing and challenging them to exercise their creativity in curating and styling outfits to allow for high-impact looks that convey a Browns energy and attitude.
● Offer continuous feedback on product styling, encouraging your team of Styling Specialists to push the boundaries and adopt a test-and-learn approach to their work.
● Identify opportunities to improve the styling capability of the Styling Specialist team, translating these into training opportunities and coaching your team to develop their styling skills.
● Actively contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the Styling Guidelines, ensuring they include guidance on new brands and are relevant every season to enable the team to reference a universal framework and improve consistency in output.
● Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including current style icons and influencers, applying this to the development of styling guidelines each season.
● Work closely with Production team and the Stylist Specialists to ensure product selection in the sample room is carefully curated with new and staple items, representative of all categories, and is continuously cleansed to ensure the right pool of stock is available to create the strongest looks.
● Work with the wider studio team to ensure posing, crops and overall on set composition allow for the highest quality images and showcase the product.
● Work with Browns Studio Manager in identifying the best potential new recruits for both core and freelance team, supporting the recruitment process as required.
● Support the onboarding of new stylists, tailoring the plan to their needs and coaching to ensure key developmental milestones are achieved.
● Support the Size and Fit team to evolve size and fit knowledge of garments to ensure the most appropriate sizes are requested for shoots and can be well presented on the model.
● Work with Casting Producer and the Browns Studio Manager to build a diverse portfolio of models. Models are used in a rotation form for BAU and special projects.
● Promote the vision of the Online Styling department across various functions in the business, including Retail and Visual Experience, sharing knowledge and inspiration to allow for more progressive and consistent styling across touch points.
The Ideal Candidate
● Extensive styling experience in a luxury environment, within editorial and e-commerce.
● Competent people manager – able to work with diverse teams and has the demonstrated ability to coach and motivate others.
● Strong understanding of following processes and planning.
● Ability to push the boundaries, be revolutionary and influence a test-and-learn culture within the styling team.
● Strong commercial awareness and thirst for interpretation and application of performance data extracted from the site.
● Quick decision maker, able to consider solutions and alternatives and be confident to make the final decision.
● Coaching leadership style, considerate of continuous development of skills and competencies within the team.
● Flexible in nature, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
● Finger on the pulse for all things fashion and trend led, channelling this level of awareness through your team.