Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired, with more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries.
The next generation want a different experience of fashion that the traditional industry is struggling to provide. They want choice and individuality, the ability to buy on demand and sell on with ease. At the same time, they want to reduce waste. They want authenticity and to set their own trends. They are influenced by their peers and people they share values with. Our team of almost 200 people are dedicated to meeting these evolving needs.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion. And our global community is everything to us: when they succeed, we succeed.
Depop is headquartered in London, UK, with locations in New York and LA. With over 18M items available for sale and close to 1M unique sellers in the last 12 months we are already a clear market leader in this exciting space. We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users (the only European player to do so). And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our world-class team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Creative Director is a key role in driving Depop’s creative execution and output. You'll work closely with the Head of Brand Marketing and Head of Production to grow and shape our internal creative studio, delivering effective creative campaigns and activations globally.
Key ResponsibilitiesCreative Output:
- Driving creative ideation and excellence across all channels, working closely with key marketing leads and the Head of Production to ensure the output of the creative team is of the highest possible standard
- Developing concepts holistically to ensure a 360 approach to all activations and content
- Clear articulation of brand strategy and creative concepts (senior board level)
- Ability to structure/ deliver outstanding creative presentations (internally or externally)
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of creatives (full-time and freelance) to deliver world-class, effective brand marketing across a diverse range of channels
- Providing leadership, inspiration, guidance, support and direction to the team
- Actively champion new and interesting creative talent within the industry
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape the Depop brand, and in turn, the business
- Ensuring the Depop brand is always portrayed positively and that we partner with brands and talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Collaborate closely with key commercial, financial, community and product stakeholders within the business – acting as a thought leader around brand marketing
- Alongside CMO and other key Marketing Leads (in London and other markets), consistently drive process and efficiency within the global marketing function
- Develop and drive the Depop visual brand identity; ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms
- Develop and lead strong cross-functional relationships within Depop to ensure marketing processes are efficient and effective across all aspects of the business
- Lead strong relationships with external creative agencies and partners, internal/ external teams while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Working closely with key stakeholders and the senior leaders
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience in a Senior Creative role (a minimum of 10+ years working within a fashion, creative or agency environment)
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects including brand activations, campaigns, events, digital, print, social
- You’ve hired and developed high-performing creative teams, with a flair for people leadership. You’re able to set and prioritise goals; equal parts an inspiring and effective manager
- Advanced technical skill set; including design, typography, art direction and use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Act as a brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/ brands for future opportunities
- Calm under pressure, resourceful and a creative problem solver, used to working to strict deadlines and on own initiative
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must
- A “player manager” who can drive a diverse team, but also jump in to hands-on execution where needed
- Exemplary organisational skills, with solid experience of delivering multiple creative projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively with partners, cross-functional teams, producers, creatives and senior management, both written and verbal
- A genuine passion for all things creative; up-to-date with emerging trends in fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant to Depop
In June 2019, Depop took a significant next step in achieving its ambitious goals, raising a substantial Series C funding round of $50m from a world-class investor: General Atlantic (previous investments include Airbnb, Alibaba, Buzzfeed, Delivery Hero, Facebook, Klarna, Slack, Snapchat and Uber).
Depop is at the forefront of a transforming fashion landscape, where young, stylish, passionate individuals will become the fashion and style icons and trend-setters of tomorrow.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive this expansion, whilst working with a stellar executive group that’s made up of talented, ambitious people with experience from a number of top-tier tech companies.