Welcome to Depop. We are the social marketplace where over 10M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. Our mission is to make our platform the place for the most vibrant communities in the world.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 100 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re on the hunt for a Product Designer to create a range of designs across mobile (iOS/Android) and web platforms. You will possess a strong understanding of the relationship between design (UX/UI) and technology, as you will spend your time planning, designing and finalising features/solutions, creating prototypes and conducting rigorous testing.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded start-ups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- To create designs and prototypes for web, iOS and Android platforms according to the product roadmap and in accordance with design best practices
- To work on both new and existing features, using your understanding of technology, brand guidelines and platform guidelines (iOS/Android) to improve the design and usability of an item
- Arranging meetings with other departments when necessary (devs, pms, marketing, etc.) to discuss timelines and progress of projects
- Sketching initial design ideas (whiteboard, sketch, flowchart, etc.)
- Producing final UI and specifications
- Design testing and user research.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience designing incredible user experiences for web and mobile platforms
- A strong understanding of interaction design, UX and UI principles
- Experience working in agile teams, working closely with product managers and engineers on a daily basis
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Ability to identify usability and UX issues, and propose solutions to these
- Experienced in UX research and running workshops
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
- Ability to conduct user testing and act on user feedback
- Strong knowledge of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Experience in using Invision and other prototyping tools (Origami, Principle etc.)
- General knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence