The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven, passionate and experienced Art Director to help drive the expansion of a fast-growing, startup media company. With your strong background in Print Design, Art Direction, and Communications, you’ll help deliver one of the most influential and industry-defining publications to the fashion community. This is a role for a visual designer, storyteller, communicator and problem solver.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As an integrated and highly organised member of the Design team, you’ll work closely with the Design Director, editorial, sales, events and the Leadership team to help design and deliver our bi-yearly print edition as well as supporting our global events.
In addition to this you’ll contribute as a member of the team to the creation of our ongoing Design System, assist other designers and support the growth of BoF’s brand.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Own the design production of the bi-yearly Print Editions and special reports, working with our Editor-in-Chief and the editorial team.
- Commission photography and illustration for the Print Editions.
- Work with the Events team to deliver physical assets for our regular Events including VOICES.
- Work with our Design Director to create and maintain our Design System, developing BoF’s visual language and collaborating with the rest of the team to document and promote its use around the business.
- Work with our Editorial team to create assets for articles
- Create infographics that demonstrate our analysis and precision like our exclusive, high-quality, analytical content
- Collaborate with the wider design team to brand editorial projects
- Create stunning presentations that visually tell a compelling story, and sales decks that showcase our competitive advantage
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
The Bi-Yearly Print edition perfectly echos the premium readership it is delivered to.
Your contribution to the BoF visual language creates a concise and confident brand.
Our Events look and feel as exclusive as the people that attend them.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are a passionate and dedicated Graphic Designer with a background in Print design and an interest in fashion. You will have experience in the production of creating magazines and a strong desire to create stylish modern print media.
Being highly collaborative, you will work equally well with interns all the way up to the Editor-in-Chief of the organisation.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- An obsession for typography
- An intimate understanding of layout, and a talent for composition
- Experience in working with and leading other creative freelancers
- Strong organisational skills, verbal and written communications
- High performance under pressure and a strong sense of accountability
- Able to deliver multiple solutions for our leadership team to consider
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, flexibility, creativity, and ‘outside the box’ thinking
- You are passionate and pragmatic about your creative work