The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven, passionate and experienced Product Designer to help drive the expansion of a fast-growing, start-up media company. With your strong background in Research, User Interviews, Wireframing, Prototyping, UX Testing and UI Design, you’ll help deliver one of the most influential and industry-defining media platforms to the fashion community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
As an integrated and highly organised member of the Design team, you’ll work closely with the Design Director, Product Leads, Tech, Marketing and the Leadership team to help design and deliver the products and services on our platform.
In addition to this, you’ll contribute as a member of the team to the creation of our ongoing Design System, assist other designers and support the growth of BoF.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Understand the brand, its business model, its audience, its employees and its vision
- Balance key aspects of the business, the development team and the end-user within each design/workflow
- Use consistent design language across a suite of digital products
- Produce original designs which are professional, engaging, scalable, and mobile first
- Measure user engagement, and recommend improvements to increase product KPIs
- Distil constructive feedback on designs into an actionable, prioritised list of improvements
- Create wireframes, Use Cases and Flows to demonstrate your ideas to Senior Management, Product Managers, Editorial and Development staff
- Create prototypes, write scripts and conduct user testing
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
Users delight in the consistency, simplicity and ease of our products, resulting in increased engagement.
Your thinking is clearly communicated to our product and development teams resulting in short build times and sign off.
Your collaboration with the other members of the Design Team contributes to the building and growth of the BoF brand.
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
You are a highly visual person who revels in the mix of logical thinking combined with aesthetic flair to create digital products that stand out from the crowd. You will have an understanding of how to collect the information you require, come up with approaches to those problems, know how to test your ideas and present your finished, production-ready solutions to technical and non-technical staff.
You are a passionate and dedicated Product Designer with a background in digital product design. You will have created experiences for a wide variety of online products such as media platforms, web apps, subscription flows as well as native applications. You will have taken a project from inception through to production level finished designs.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Highly collaborative, working well with all levels, from intern to CEO
- Experience in designing polished user interfaces and can demonstrate a knowledge of Visual Design principles.
- Data-driven and a passion for documenting your thinking in our Design System Manager
- Experience in conducting stakeholder interviews
- Ability to work closely in collaboration with product managers
- Design skills and knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, DSM
- A keen eye for detail and consistency
- Passion to represent the user but able to offset that against business needs