Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
Our team is looking for an exceptional 3D Designer to work with our Branded Environments team, within the Creative Studio.
As part of this team, you will work closely with the Retail Design team, Brand Designers, Product Designers, Architects, Marketing, Retail Operations, and other project team members to create innovative and effective branded environment experiences for our retail stores, and a diverse array of partnership activations.
You must be able to work well in a fast paced environment, where collaboration, creativity, a positive approach to work are valued. Must have the ability to prioritize projects, multi-task, with adherence to quality and deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism. You will have an immediate impact on Allbirds retail design, influencing, coordinating and driving product and merchandising decisions - whilst growing and developing your skills.
What does the job entail?
- Creating conceptual ideas through: image boards, sketching and rendering, space planning, spatial visualization, color and finish specification, design intent documentation, construction documents, resource coordination.
- Responsible for designing, planning, and documenting a variety of environmental design projects including: retail environments, office environments, pop-up spaces & events, from concept through production.
- Strong awareness of sustainable construction methods, materials and fixtures, lighting and fundamental merchandising techniques for retail and fixture design.
- Participate in planning and scheduling activities and manage workflow and deadlines.
- Deep understanding of materials and finishes for retail and interior design.
- Able to understand and express the Allbirds Brand Identity in 3D space and fixtures.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Passionate about sustainability and the environment
- Passionate about the footwear and product industry
- Able to collaborate with graphic designers, product designers, fabricators, and architectural designers to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- A strong storytelling and consumer-centered design approach
- Familiar with materials, and finishes suitable for retail and interior design
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to create new product concepts through brainstorming, sketching, rendering and mock-ups
- Understanding of retail furniture and fixture manufacturing process
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a creative yet pragmatic approach to art direction
- Self-starter with an ambitious spirit, initiative, willing to multi-task resourcefully and work independently
- Work with direction but in an independent manner
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deal with unforeseen situations
More practical skills needed:
- BFA/BA/BS degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design or equivalent
- 4-6 years of professional interior environment design experience preferred
- Experience in 3D computer modeling processes, practices, and techniques in SketchUp.
- Experience in MS Office, Rhino, and Revit AutoCad a plus
- Proficient in: PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Create presentation decks in InDesign.
- Proficient in Interior Architectural, Workplace or Retail Visualization.
- Planning skills & knowledge of ADA.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.