Ignite Your PotnentialJob Description
The Store Design Manager position is responsible for assisting the VP Global Store Design in preparing documentation based on direction received from Chief Creative Officer relating to Calvin Klein shops and fixturing used in retail and wholesale environments. Also includes showrooms and tradeshow booths.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB: •
Responsible for working with the VP – Global Store Design to prepare design documentation for all prototypical shop, showroom, tradeshow and fixture designs supplied by CKI for worldwide use by regional teams, joint venture partners and Licensees.•
Documentation includes concept design development and design intent drawings. Drawings are defined as plans, elevations, sections, 3D computer generated exterior/interior rendered views, with an emphasis on detailed fixture drawings.•
Interfaces with other store design/planning and visual staff members in the development of design development documentation.•
Organizes information for meetings with internal staff members, outside architectural consultants, lighting consultants and contractors engaged in design projects.•
Production of prototypical fixture design manuals and updates for distribution to Licensees worldwide.•
Under the direction of the VP – Global Store Design, review prototype fixture shop drawings and mock-ups produced by contractors. Prepare feedback packages.•
Interfaces with vendors of materials that are used in prototypical designs in order to maintain material sample reference library for Creative Services. Assists VP – Global Store Design in selecting new material ideas for prototypical designs.•
Limited travel to job sites and meetings. Most of the time this is a CK office based position.
The Ideal Candidate
Be a part of the experience.
- 5 -7 years store design experience for an architectural consulting firm specializing in retail design for a fashion brand
- Masters or Bachelor in Architecture or Interior Design
- Ability to conceptualize spatial designs and architectural brand imaging.
- Must have EXCELLENT computer skills. Must be proficient at AutoCAD and Google SketchUp, Vray and 3DSMax.
- Proficiency in Photoshop is required.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Good time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure and multi-task
- “Self Starter.”