The Freelance Art Director will collaborate with our Marketing, Communications and Digital teams to develop compelling marketing materials and execute cutting-edge, digital-first campaigns across a variety of platforms. This individual will be influential in creating the visual storytelling for Carolina Herrera by translating the core brand tenants and product inspiration concepts into an engaging, cohesive brand experience across multiple platforms both digital and print. The ideal candidate has a passion for graphic design, photography, type and motion as they come together to create user experiences coupled with attention to detail and master design chops. Strong leadership, graphic design experience, and collaboration skills will be required to collaborate on strategic direction and execution with cross functional partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the VP of Global Communications and Marketing as necessary.
- Manage all of Digital Marketing creative and develop assets for all print and digital platforms e.g. www.carolinaherrera.com, Instagram, Facebook, banner advertising, interactive campaigns, mobile apps, microsites, social seasonal art updates, advertising and other digital projects with an eye to strategically increase visibility on a global scale.
- Manage CRM asset creation, email marketing, digital asset send-outs, and digital mailers
- Set up mailers and event e-vites for our retail marketing as needed
- Work with the Creative Director and VP of M/C to develop conceptual, typographic and photographic directions for all print and digital collateral
- Create an array of print and digital pieces that range from interactive presentations, and event collateral to custom branded content and new product launches. This includes packaging, signage, visual merchandising concepts, marketing collateral, direct mail, press events, advertising, etc.
- Manage content updates and format digital assets for brand Word Press-backed website and (TC) eCommerce website
- Design and develop for social media platforms, interactive campaigns, mobile apps, microsites, advertising and other digital projects with an eye to strategically increase visibility on a global scale
- Set up and release packaging, advertising, and collateral mechanicals as needed
- Oversee and execute design and usability updates of existing web-based applications and platforms
- Ensure continuity in visual and brand messaging across all social / digital channels
- Manage rolling creative for social media calendar in partnership with internal and external digital teams, keeping leadership abreast of developments big and small on weekly basis
- Oversee and manage the photographer and video team for runway shows
- Manage content creation leading up to, during and after the show and photographer/video briefs
- Manage seasonal campaign shoots and serve as liaison of CHNY to greater global Carolina Herrera team
- Design and develop evites for market and trunk shows for RTW and other collections as needed
- In charge of printed assets for market week ( product knowledge booklet, House collection, Best sellers, collection one sheet)
- Assist with formatting seasonal buys for Retail and Global Wholesale
- Set up templates, create and support PPTs for President and Marketing/Communication Team
- Assist and supply VM team with any market needs and support with store redesigns as needed
- Design and develop mockups for potential collaborations
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Communication Design or Graphic Design
- Minimum 5 years of Web / Internet / Digital design / Graphic Design
- Proven skills as a usability expert
- Provide samples of impeccable web design sensibility
- Complete fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver/HTML and InDesign. Other UI/UX tools
- Must have a solid understanding of designing intuitive interfaces and experience in mobile and/or app design
- Must have demonstrated expertise in creating marketing/print/digital solutions graphic design solutions
- Strong graphic design skills and proficiency with CS5
- Must have an excellent eye for UX, typography, layout, and color.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile standards, including responsive design and usability.
- Understanding of shooting and editing digital photos and videos with experience in photo art direction both on set and off.
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with social networking feature sets / dashboards
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing, including SEO, keywords, and copy.
- Has a solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces and navigation