The Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandising, Women’s Leather Goods, will collaborate with the Visual Merchandising, Design, Global Merchandising, Creative Development, Marketing, Architecture and Operation’s teams to create and implement compelling retail environments. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative atmosphere where you will interact with cross-functional partners to ensure that Coach’s visual merchandising standards are continuously elevating the in-store consumer experience. The position reports to the Manager, Visual Merchandising – Women’s Leather Goods.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Visual Merchandising to...
- Support the creation of monthly Window and In Store Global VM Guidelines:
- Partner with Global Merchandising, Marketing and Design to create dynamic and innovative VM Direction
- Partner with Local Merchants to ensure VM direction is relevant to all markets
- Sample Management
- Content input
- Support the Global Visual Merchandising team to develop effective visual merchandising training and communication tools.
- Support the training and development of field visual leads to disseminate VM standards and skill sets.
- Provide visual merchandising support for seasonal showrooms installations, corporate functions and special events.
- Partner with Global Merchandising, Design, Creative, Production Marketing and Architecture to support Global initiatives related to fixtures, props, graphics and total product enhancements.
- Support seasonal trend hunting and inspiration research.
- Be an ambassador of the Coach Modern Luxury VM philosophy.
- Support the development and rollout of new visual programs and enhancements.
- Support launches of Key Seasonal Initiatives in select flagship locations globally.
The Ideal Candidate
The accomplished individual will possess...
- A minimum of 3-4 years of visual merchandising experience for fashion related brand, specialty retailer; field visual merchandising and/ or corporate visual experience preferred.
- Experience working with women’s leather goods and lifestyle categories: bags, small leather goods, ready-to-wear, footwear, soft accessories, jewelry, watches and sun wear.
- Passion for visual merchandising and fashion.
- Exceptional styling skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to interface with a diverse group.
- Strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business.
- Ability to take direction, multi-task and manage shifting priorities.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office (Power Point).
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science.
- Facilitating training experience.
- Strong aesthetic and visual design/styling experience.
- Experience working with a luxury or fashion brand, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.