Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 18 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
To support us on our journey we’re now looking for a Creative Lead to join our US team in New York. Reporting directly to the Senior Producer and working closely with our Marketing and Community teams, you will become our “brand bodyguard”, where you will uphold all of our creative content, whilst ensuring that all of our assets live and breathe Depop.
- Be a positive champion for powerful storytelling and insight-led creativity in everything we do. Excite the company about the creative possibilities of our story and bring them to life.
- Ensuring the Depop brand is always portrayed positively and that we partner with brands and talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Partner with, and manage external creative, media and PR agencies to continue to build the Depop brand
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape the Depop brand and business
- Collaborate closely with key commercial, financial, community and product stakeholders within the business
- Image and reference scouting for key campaigns
- Being proactive and making your own decisions, especially around the budget.
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer full medical, dental and vision plans, as well as healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday and lunch every Thursday.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday + public holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 8 years of previous experience of working in either a creative agency or in-house experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, demonstrating an ability for storytelling
- Highly creative, calm under pressure and a problem-solver, who is used to working to strict deadlines and own initiative
- A genuine passion for all things creative; up-to-date with emerging trends in Gen Z, social media, fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant to Depop
- Highly organised and capable of managing many different projects at once
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and a self-directed person with a hunger to grow and achieve ambitious goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive team player that is collaborative and motivated
- Previous experience of working with software tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
This role requires you to have strong working knowledge in the following;
- Adobe Suite (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- After Effects and or Premiere Pro