We’re seeking a precise and tasteful NYC based Social Media Content Creator (photo and video) to own and produce social creative for all platforms. The role will translate the brand visual vision into social-first content collaborating closely with our creative director.
The ideal candidate would have strong photography, video and graphic design skills aligned to social media, with a self-starter attitude, attention to detail, a luxury point-of-view and a desire to deliver exceptional social media results. You will be tasked with concepting, producing and editing video content for EST and our Projects. You should be confident in post-production editing, especially with Premiere, After Effects, In Design, and Animation with a keen interest in Fashion, Art, and the Luxury Lifestyle vertical.
We are looking for a content curator that can shoot stills and video for best-in-class Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube advertising. This role will work collaboratively with the in-house creative and marketing team to concept and generate the requisite assets per channel.
Should have a thorough understanding of current social advertising trends and be able to adapt established web/print photo guidelines across all social ad formats and keep content fresh and relevant. Quickly concept and create engaging photo/video assets for brand and storytelling.
Relentlessly innovate to push the boundaries of each platform, cut through the noise and increase engagement. Candidate will ideally have experience in a fast-paced agency or startup environment and be extremely flexible to quickly activate on business needs and iterate as requirements shift based on content performance.
What You’ll Do
- Creation of video, infographics, and animation for multi-purpose use across site & social media channels
- Liaise with Production to help plan, produce and deliver all video content within budget
- Shoot and light on-set – both on location and in studio
- Apply creative, collaborative, technical and quality-control skills to provide effective editorial services in a client-driven, deadline-oriented environment.
- Be able to adhere to strict delivery and publishing schedules.
- Research original images, music, and video content as support material to video shoots
- Perform quality assurance on all video footage
- Complete post production for projects including grading, mastering, encoding
- Take responsibility for video upload to website
- Accurately archive footage to be easily accessed by the creative team
- Comfortable working in a collaborative manner
- Highly creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Own the social media content creation, including photography, video, design and archive inspirational images.
- Lead the execution of the social creative strategy to meet the follower, engagement and department goals.
- Responsible and accountable for social creative performance metrics.
- Partner with creative team to ensure all content produced is within brand identity aesthetics.
- Collaborate with the Editor of Brand & Social Media and Social Coordinator to plan social media calendar.
- Partner with the Editor of Brand & Social Media on social-first concepts
- Real-time design and execution of social-first assets by channel— including but not limited to video, short-form GIFs/boomerangs/time-lapse, static images, etc.
- Prepare and manage asset delivery, including retouching and other production needs on own projects
- Participate in internal meetings as well as interact with external vendors where needed
- Work closely with, communicate and present creative with all key stakeholders and counterparts
- Deliver assets in the correct format and on time
- Publish daily content to all social channels
- Monitor social performance to determine effectiveness and areas for improvement. Pivot social-first creative production as necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Super Creative
- Ideas orientated – creativity is key
- Understanding of audio capture, music usage and footage clearance
- 2 + years minimum experience editing in a digital post-production environment, with deep experience in the Adobe Suite of products, social media/graphic design experience
- A thorough understanding of web production and the capabilities within digital channels
- Strong understanding of digital trends, cinematography, and editing principles; with an ability to tell a cohesive story.
- Thumb on the pulse of viral digital trends, and with a knack for creative, insightful, and comedic timing.
- Strong analytical ability
- Clear and concise written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction, showing strong initiative
- Detail oriented and team-player attitude
- Demonstrates ability to understand and interpret brand needs, and to develop innovative creative solutions
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with support, executive management, creative supervisors, etc.
- Eye for detail/layout
- Comprehensive understanding of the fashion and luxury goods industry, consumer products and personal technology industries, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in videography/art/design/graphic design preferred
- Exceptionally skilled at image curation, visual storytelling, typography, layout, form and color
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-rounded design experience across all social media channels
- Ability to create gifs and other lightweight video social content
- Acute awareness of social best practices per channel and real-time key social trends
- Highly creative, collaborative, positive, and proactive
- Fashion background preferred
Technical Skills / Software
- An understanding of responsive and adaptive web design
- Adobe CC Suite: Adobe Premiere, In Design, After Effects, Photoshop, Color, Acrobat Pro
- MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve. Part of the interview process will include a technical test.
Please send links to your work.