About the department:
We are a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We are focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager, you will be overseeing the product photography (Still and On-Model) for our online catalog. This position will be focused on balancing the quality and efficiency demands of the image production process while maintaining a highly motivated and engaged workforce. This position is based in a high-volume creative production studio which is highly focused on tracking performance (quality and productivity) with metrics collected throughout the process.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll do:
· You will monitor and supervise a full-time and seasonal photography workforce to ensure the team meets performance standards.
· You will support a continuous improvement culture by promoting input/feedback from the team. You will document, test, and implement changes based on findings from feedback.
· You will coordinates with production planning to define photographer schedules and assigns daily tasks.
· You will ensure the studio workflow is running correctly and all sets are following photography guidelines.
· You will partner with global partners to align on global standards and learn best-practices & techniques.
· You will address set equipment needs through owning a monthly photography budget.
· You will provide direct support & trouble shooting for physical workstation or any technical issues that may emerge or problems that require extensive expertise.
· You will produce guidelines, share new trends and techniques and provide training to other photographers.
· You will shoot product respecting the high-quality standards and defined KPIs, filling in as resources dictate.
· You will set well-defined expectations and train team members on improvements based on performance feedback.
· You will recruit and hire a team of full-time and seasonal photographers.
· You will develop a training plan & conduct new team members' onboarding.
· You will provide mentoring, coaching, development and performance management for the team.
· You will perform quarterly performance reviews for all team members.
Who you are:
· You have 3+ years managing a photography team in an ecommerce studio.
· You have a proven track record of developing and refining processes as it relates to photography production.
· You have strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build strong communication with other departments.
· You have excellent organizational and follow-up skills with attention to detail.
· You are efficient with time management and deadlines.
· You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· You are able to collaborate with others and give and take direction.
· You are a positive team player.
· You are interested and experienced in fashion photography.
· You are experienced directing models as well as shooting on mannequins (a must).
· You MUST be proficient with PC, Adobe Software and Canon cameras
· You are a Lightroom expert.
· You have knowledge of spreadsheets & Google Docs.
· You have experience with strobe lights, light meters, Pocket Wizards, and Canon systems.
· You have experience with tethered shooting.
· You are able to troubleshoot lighting and software issues.
· You have experience with image processing/editing with Adobe programs.
· Communication and organizational skills a must.
· You can adhere to a range of time, cost and quality SLAs as expected on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.