The Art Director for the UNIQLO Global Creative Lab works with the Design Director to concept, plan and develop the communication visuals for seasonal campaigns across multiple consumer touchpoints: print, digital, experiential, in-store.
- Leads the concepting phase for campaign development by researching visual directions and creating storyboards and layouts.
- Leads on-set art direction of photo and video shoots by collaborating with photographer, stylist, creative director and other members of the creative team.
- Executes campaign development post-production by managing retouching process, developing layouts and preparing the creative toolkit for
- Follows productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Obtains client approval by presenting final layouts, story boards, and illustrations; responding to client commentary and requests.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Mentor designers and manage their workstream/ deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate
- BA in Graphic Design or related field.
- 7-9 years of on-set art direction, print and digital design experience; preferably at a creative agency or brand-side creative team.
- Strong sense of photography, video, type, advertising layout design.
- A broad portfolio which demonstrates expertise across a range of consumer touchpoints.
- An appreciation in fashion trends and aesthetics.
- Passion for photography and art direction. Interest in fashion is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Expert experience with: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote and multi-media programs as needed.
- Strong presentational and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Organizational skills and attention to details essential.
- Verbal skills, presentation experience a must.
- Ability to travel for photo shoots, meetings, etc.