Jing Daily is seeking a highly talented and creative Visuals Editor to lead Jing Daily's visual growth. The visuals editor will work with the editorial team to design editorial layout, establish a consistent visual indentity, and create visual elements accompanying high-quality, B2B content on Chinese luxury. The Visuals Editor will support the editorial team in photo editing, illustration, and executing Jing Daily graphics standards across different platforms.
An ideal candidate must have a keen eye for detail as well as a vision for consistent design throughout different platforms, for both digital and print.
What you'll do:
- Lead graphic design for website and social.
- Assist the editorial team in creating graphic elements, illustration and photo editing for the MTM platform
- Create illustrations to lead daily articles
- Develop a consistent visual language for Jing Daily platforms based on existing logo and design guidelines
- Create visual content for Jing Daily social media platforms
- Develop design layouts for email newsletters, WeChat articles, internal and external documents and presentations, etc.
- Manage visual assets
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of in-office experience as a graphic designer, preferably with editorial design experience at a digital publication
- BFA or equivalent in graphic design, or related field
- A portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in design programs and ability in visually communicating consistent brand indentity and aesthetics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in illustration, photo editing, and video editing preferred
- Previous experience working in cultural institutions is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-determined, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a high level of creative and out-of-the-box thinking
- Passion for innovation, constantly staying ahead of changing trends in digital consumption
- Team player with the ability to work with different personalities to optimize editorial quality
- Passion for news, luxury and the market in China