Job DescriptionPrimary Purpose: As an Art Director, you will ensure consistency with the brand’s aesthetic and lifestyle messaging. This person will own, concept, create, design and drive process, curate and produce compelling original assets in collaboration with key cross-functional partners throughout the company. This person will also work on larger business campaigns to bring kate spade product to life.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in art direction to...
- Support the conception and direction of seasonal campaign shoots
- Translate strategic ideas into compelling and innovative creative concepts that engage the customer and promotes brand’s relevance and desirability across multiple channels
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to build understanding of seasonal messaging strategies to develop concepts, designs and art direction
- Work closely with production team on all shoot preparation, ensure execution aligns with concept, and oversee completion of assets.
- Supervise projects handled by the creative team including design, editorial, and print collateral as well as some cross-functional initiatives. Serve as a design leader, providing guidance and feedback to designers.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelors degree required
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years leading and managing a creative team
- Exceptional management skills
- Expert in photoshop, illustrator and indesign. Knowledge of After Effects and a Sketch a plus
- Exceptional typography skills
- Ability to concept & art direct photo shoots
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in both print and digital design a plus