Job DescriptionMichael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The Manager of Digital Commerce & Strategy will support a department of the global digital flagship store, michaelkors.com, to align merchandise strategies across retail, wholesale, and ecommerce via the online merchandising of the website. We are looking for someone with a passion for retail and the ability to drive sales in a fast-paced environment. This position will be a part of Michael Kors’ e-commerce team and present a great opportunity to develop and grow multi-channel sales on a global level.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive a seamless Omni-channel experience by implementing parallel merchandising strategies for desktop, mobile, retail, wholesale, and e-commerce.
- Drive KPIs such as conversion, average order value, and units per transaction through continuous improvement to website navigation and presentation of product.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop merchandising strategies for the website homepage, category landing pages, and special initiatives.
- Review weekly reports to maximize selling through updated merchandising strategies on website.
- Partner with the Analytics team to successfully create accurate and valuable on-site reports
- Create seasonal hindsight’s and share key takeaways with cross functional partners to help influence market decisions.
- Drive the design, requirements and implementation of digital products (site enhancements) based on competitive landscape to deliver a best-in-class user experience.
- Monitor category keyword search results and optimize product recommendations.
- Ensure the accuracy and timelines of all product launches, marketing campaigns and other customer interactions.
- Verify inventory status for products scheduled to be featured on homepage, section page, and email and suggest replacements as needed when inventory is not sufficient.
- Identify unique, underdeveloped, or emerging categories based on web analytics, competitive landscape, and customer feedback. Communicate to and work with merchants to capitalize on opportunities.
- Understand current trends, opportunities, assortment, competition and buyers’ vision by category of business and use this knowledge to properly assort merchandise and market product online.
- Partner with the CRM team to analyze customer data and utilize important information to improve the business relationship with customers.
- Work closely with digital marketing teams to provide merchandising vision to email, search and social campaigns, ensure campaigns are in-line with website strategy, and communicate product opportunities to merchant team.
- Work with coordinator to ensure all aspects of item creation are complete in order to publish SKUs to the website.
- Provide leadership and individual developmental growth to coordinators in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (or comparable work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in direct or e-commerce environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Additional plus to have experience working with online metrics tools such as Omniture or Coremetrics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V