Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. True to form, Tamara is now doing things differently— really differently.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, her three-year-old namesake label is the first-ever direct-to-consumer luxury women’s accessories brand. What this means in short: old school Italian craftsmanship without the retail markups.
For us, new luxury also means reinventing the shopping experience. Anyone who shops with us (or is a fan of the brand for that matter) is a VIP— think best-in-class customer service (we call them Liaisons) and complimentary shoe care with every purchase.
We’re dead serious about disrupting the status quo, and not just in the fashion industry. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
If you’re a rule breaker like us, and this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate
- 6-8+ years design experience
- A portfolio showing a wide range of clients and project types, particularly web/digital/email/social design, campaign concepting and production, and print experience.
- Background in Luxury Brand Design for Print and Digital, and strong eye for Photography
- Expert level skills in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
- Video Editing & Post Production - basic experience with Adobe Premiere. AfterEffects & Animate a plus
- Strength of experience in typography, design and graphic design principles
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, edgy, and bold concepts for email, marketing and branding projects with a keen eye for a simple, elevated design
- Develop and execute creative concepts and designs that meet brand guidelines.
- Create moodboards, storyboards and concept art for campaigns
- Assist Art Director on photo shoots for campaign and marketing content for brand
- Reviewing junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Working knowledge of print and digital production and optimizing final files for delivery
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay on-task with projects through completion
- A great attitude, ability to take criticism, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback quickly with a positive outlook.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced startup.
- Up to date on trends in direct to consumer fashion
- BFA, BA or other design-related degree desired.