The primary responsibilities of the Graphic Designer are to conceptualize, design and execute creative projects for The North Face global product and Creative department’s needs. This includes Men’s, Women’s and Youth graphic apparel, accessories, equipment, and brand labeling systems.
- Contribute to the innovative, brand-right graphics for all tiers of global apparel and product branding, for both in-line and quick-turn calendars
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final product aligns with creative direction and meets commercial objectives
- Collaborates with Graphic Design Director and Creative Directors to create seasonal graphic concepts
- Design graphic art with planning and forethought around artwork execution: screen-printing techniques, applique, embroidery and other embellishment methods
- Serves as the design lead on multiple projects simultaneously with overlapping calendar and business needs
- Continuously leverages resources in producing new ideas. Has solid awareness of outdoor, lifestyle and streetwear trends and the and the ability to interpret these trends though the TNF lens
- Manages and mentors associate level designers
- Creates accurate production files detailing artwork specifications, scale, application materials to vendors. Reviews strike-offs and drives for highest standard of results
- Produce trend and travel reports and present findings to cross functional teams
The Ideal Candidate
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years minimum related professional experience.
- Experience in apparel graphic design.
- Outdoor Brand experience, knowledge of screen printing process, and corporate identity is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience and portfolio, or equivalent years of combined education and experience.
- Knowledge of apparel graphic design process: concept development through production.
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign in a Mac environment.
- Strong understanding of design principles, passion for typography, and strong sense & understandiing of color.
- Ability to design into clear aesthetic capsules for a head-to-toe look.
- Ability to design into different and varying graphic aesthetics.
- Hand-drawing and illustration capabilities.
- Ability to think conceptually with creative vision.
- Understanding of the outdoor market. Participatory knowledge of sports represented by The North Face is extremely helpful.
- Exercises personal professionalism and sense of accountability.
- Possess effective communication skills and thrives on working within team-based environment.
- Ability to plan for future activity while managing day-to-day execution. Highly organized.
- Must be detail oriented with design, production files, and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Travel required: 5%