Standard International is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and wildly creative full-time Graphic Designer with 1-2 yrs experience to join our design team. This is an exciting opportunity for a meticulous designer that thrives on working on a wide variety of projects including connecting and designing everything and anything related to ongoing branding and identity needs from newsletters, collateral, signage, illustration, UX, packaging, presentations to special projects, even cool t-shirts and more! He/she will also support the team's administrative needs including archival management, research, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a great understanding of The Standard brand, thrive in a fast-paced highly creative environment, have a great sense of humor, ability to dive into a project quickly, execute and articulate a design vision and be passionate about all things related to but not limited to design, art, culture, current trends, and more. This is a special opportunity to grow with a brand and work environment that is culturally rich, dynamic and diverse.
The Designer is responsible for developing designs under the guidance of the Art Director. A key support role on a project, the Designer will collaborate across departments to create integrated marketing and brand-based graphic design and artwork.
The Designer must have the ability to work on a number of different projects and have excellent time management skills to switch from one to the other without missing a deadline. The ideal candidate is conceptual and collaborative with a strong understanding of digital design, visual marketing and UX.
The Designer must have an understanding and both print and digital production design, mechanical handovers and file management.
The Designer must have the ability to translate ideas into concepts for a non-technical audience.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-3+ years of experience in graphic design, at least 1 year in digital design
- Previous experience working in a digital, agency, advertising or design environment.
- Strong background in usability.
- Presentation experience.
- An impeccable sense of typography and graphic design.
- An execution-driven creative whom has the ability to communicate well across departments.
- Excelled IT skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
- Drawing and illustration skills are a plus.
- The ability to work with others effectively.
- Experience with multiple ongoing projects, ability to maintain continuity across brand
- 2-3 years production design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite required (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); Premiere preferred
- Experience with both print and digital required
- Experience with similar markets (Fashion/Design/Street Wear brands, etc.) preferred
- Commitment to salaried position – NOT a freelance position!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, any other language is an advantageous.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Pragmatic approach, able to multitask.
- Design and maintain the core branding assets, initiatives and system around the brand and properties comprehensively.
- Work in collaboration with marketing directors, managers, producer and art director(s), to interpret and develop project directions.
- Prepare presentations, designs and mockups to communicate ideas to partners, properties and internal team.
- Research design projects, design trends, design technology and production design references.
- Liaising with art director and internal stakeholders to discuss and understand briefs.
- Developing concepts to suit the department’s needs and budget and timeframe.
- Contributing innovative ideas and designs to briefs/requests.
- Working with a wide range of media to produce artwork.
- Making sure work is proofread to ensure high quality work.
- Ensuring you are up to date with design trends and tools.