STINE GOYA is looking for a Senior Designer to take responsibility for the complete design process in close colaboration with the design team and Stine Goya as the Creative Director.
The individual needs to have a true passion and skilled experience designing collections with colours and prints as strong elements in the design DNA. We are looking for a self motivated and organized designer who can work and coordinate within the design team as well as across the various departments within the company.
This is a position with significant responsibility in the development and design of our collections within RTW and Accessories and together with the other teams make sure we meet our objectives in our sustainability policy.
Your responsibilities as Senior Designer are:
- Responsible for the SG collections, creative process from start to end: defining concepts; inspirations, researching themes, colors, materials, fabrics, trims, print stories, market research, designing, sketching and fit.
- Manage and coordinate general schedule together with Creative Director and Head of Studio to ensure an efficient, aligned and smooth design and production proces
- Oversee daily and general planning for the design team and make sure deadlines are kept
- Oversee the sampling process and fittings, making sure every product is up to standards
- Managing special projects/exclusives
- Run the design and fittings of all accessories and footwear till an Accessories Designer will join the team
- Create the looks to give the vibe for the season
- Oversee the development collection board, making sure to have the overview of fabrics, styles, colours, artworks, price point and styling combinations
- Oversee and make final decision on all design processes till everything is approved for development, taking final decisions in terms of artworks/styles/accessories
- Prepare and present the collection presentation for internal team during development, for Agents before selling seasons and for the selling team prior to seling
- Attend Commercial meetings where special projects or design needs might be presented, and bring those project to an end, making a plan along with the other teams involved
- Work with the stylist to prepare look for lookbooks and runway shows
- Oversee the design of the extra pieces necessary for runway show
- Manage the budget in terms of materials and general spending for the team
- Travel to meet suppliers and mills, to source, develop and strengthen relationships
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Design, Textiles, or related field.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Strong research, conceptual and creative skills
- Excellent sense of style, color, print and balance.
- Strong painting, hand and computer sketching ability
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Highly competent in design processes and operations and can take a garment from concept to production efficiently
- Full understanding and knowledge of silhouettes, garment making, trims and construction
- Experience in the product categories, knowledge about materials, finishings and techniques
- Design experience in a premium international environment
- Cooperative and a team player with strong communication skills
- Confident, flexible, energetic and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Interest in Contemporary Culture: Fashion, Design, Photography and Art
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.