- Work closely with Creative Director.
- Research and development, in conjunction with Creative Director and design team, of seasonal/continuity/fabrics/colours and the creation of mood boards and presentation tools in line with company strategy.
- Create mood boards and fabric/color palettes.
- Create commercial collections through strong understanding of target customer.
- Selection of fabric and trims for Commercial collection.
Analyze key fashion trends and anticipate designs that will be suitable for customer.
Oversee fittings and sample development process with technical team
Attend trade fairs, shopping trips and gather information on important trends
Communicate daily with the merchandise team on retailer briefs
Concept and develop innovative construction techniques and finishings.
Collaborate with Product Development team to develop each sample to its fullest potential.
Attend and be an active participant in all Dice Kayek fittings.
Oversee material sheets to ensure the best finishings, construction and details.
Work with Merchant team to adhere to merchandising plan and communicate as styles evolve to ensure that the collection is fulfilling plan.
Meet with fabric and trim suppliers to conduct seasonal research and selections.
- Special projects and collaborative design concepts.
The Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of experience in a management position.
- Degree in Fashion Design, preferably : Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, Central Saint Martins, Esmod.
- Creative and innovative sketching, design and conceptualization skills.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Outstanding leadership, communication and managerial skills.
- Good time management and ability to work within corporate calendar.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Experience working with cross-functional teams