ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Category Management: Private Label Product Tech MEN ACC
Reports to: Teamlead Private Label Product Tech MEN TXT/SHOES/ACC
Team Size: <10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Martyna Chelinska
The Product Technician Men Accessories is responsible for research, assessment and driving innovations around product creation and quality standards. You will be solving construction challenges from the idea stage to approval.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Ensure the Company’s standards for high quality, fit, function and reducing environmental impacts are met in all product creations.
- Play an integral part in refining the Company’s basic and style detail libraries including specs, measurements, photos and organizing sample library. Ensure accurate execution all documents created.
- Collaborate with Product Technicians to create mock-ups and communicate sample and standard updates to factories. Create and maintain product specs and advanced construction instructions
- Deep understanding about the technical aspect of accessories as bags, scarfs, hats or wallets.
- Lead in sample meetings, on body; advise shape, construction and quality adjustments. Measure samples for accuracy in development and production approval.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various forms of transportation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A degree or at least 3 years experience in Fashion Design, Product Development preferably in Accessories or similar
- Fundamental experiences in technical product development and/ or garment production related role preferably in Accessories
- Excellent understanding of the design, development and merchandising process from inception through production, strong knowledge of construction, qualities and fabric performance with a strong customer focus.
- Advanced skills in CAD pattern design software (2D required, 3D a plus), Excel and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to instruct a manufacturer on necessary changes to inprove the styles. Acting as a technical consultant and mentor to others.
- Strong ability to interpret design intent from sketches, offering creative construction solutions.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.