Calvin Klein Accessories - Europe
The Calvin Klein Women’s Bags Designer will report into the Design Manager of the Calvin Klein Accessories Division.The Women’s Bags Designer will be responsible for:
- The conception and development of the Calvin Klein Women’s Bags through key silhouettes, materials, hardware in accordance with the brand DNA, global design inputs and market requirements and in collaboration with the Design team.
- Preparing seasonal mood boards, concept boards, research, and color proposals (4 collections – 2 main and 2 pre) for bags.
- Building the line following a ‘red thread’ of colors, silhouettes and detailing in order to help cross-merchandising on the wall/window across different families and materializations.
- Working closely and building a strong relationship with Merchandisers and Product Developers, in order to strengthen partnership.
- Working closely with peers from the Merchandising and PD departments with the best open and collaborative attitude.
- Delivering proper technical packs for development by keeping deadlines.
- Delivering comments to PD, based on Design Manager and Creative Director feed backs.
- Preparing and presenting concepts/collection to the Creative Director.
The Ideal Candidate
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Degree in Design
- Experience: 5 to 8 years of experience in Women’s Bags design.
- Experience in working and visiting factories in Asia.
- Skills: Advanced use of Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design.
- Excellent hand sketch skill.
- High productivity.
- Pro activity.
- High flexibility, adapt to changes.
- Highly organized with the ability to plan according to priority and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Sensibility to colors.
- Good understanding of Calvin Klein DNA and brand awareness
- Good understanding of constructions and materials with knowledge of pattern making.
- Excellent presentation skills are a must
- Competencies: Highly creative with fresh new ideas, with ability to combine creative with commercial restraints.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English a must.
- Availability to travel