POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Designer woven in the Calvin Klein Jeans Women team is responsible for designing and executing dresses, shirts and woven tops. Working closely and in a Team with the Senior Designer Of Woven.
The designer has a strong understanding of the product categories he/she is responsible for and works closely with the developer handling that same category. The Key objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the Jeans division, in line with the Calvin Klein brand identity. He/she will be reporting directly to the Senior Designer Woven.
- Responsible for designing and executing of seasonal collections according to range plans for review by Senior Design Director.
- Researching trends that work into the Calvin Klein Jeans brand strategy, translating these into the collection on the direction of the Senior Design Director.
- Working closely with the Senior Designer woven as one team working on a Global range plan to develop collections for our new global consumer.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar and being organized to meet deadlines set by the division to execute the collection.
- Preparing all garment worksheets and style overviews for divisional presentations and following up of each style that has been selected for the collection.
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to offices globally.
- Work closely and communicate daily on issues that arise from the development of designs selected, partner with the product developer to ensure a smooth workflow each season.
- Close cooperation with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings, working closely with design manager/director for direction and how to execute each style per season. To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Responsible to follow up on selected fabrics each season with product developer and communicating to sourcing offices any design related communication.
- Supports and partners with product development to execute each style, making sure that the Calvin Klein Jeans D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Following up on all changes that relate to each style on a daily basis.
- Work well in a team environment utilizing strong communication skills.
- Develop and understand product knowledge each season.
- Designer should be progressive and show research in details that make a Garment “denim” (qualities, washes, stitching techniques, etc.).
The Ideal Candidate
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience: at least 3-5 years’ experience in a fashion environment working with woven product.
- Skills: Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be able to draw in Illustrator. Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel for specification work.
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- Competences: Creative with fresh new ideas, with ability to be creative within commercial restraints.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail needed for branded product.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
- Willingness to travel and a non 9-to-5 work mentality is needed for this role.
PVH BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCES:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.